“Wonderful in every way!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Golfing
Cheshire, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Wonderful in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our first impression was of our accomodation as we arrived when it was dark. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean with a fully fitted kitchen including dishwasher, freezer and every pot and pan you could want. When we awoke the next day and opened the curtains the most wonderful view greeted us - a true sea view.

Then it was off to play golf. The course was in great condition - a tiny bit of water in places but given the time of year not a problem. The wind was blowing a gale and it made conditions really tough but still a really pleasant experience. We played golf again the next day and like a good links course should be it was completely different. The wind had dropped, the sun was out and different club selection was needed to the previous day.

We ate in the newly opened Constantine Restaurant and the food was better than average. The menu was quite limited but the chocolate dessert with salted caramel ice cream was a real treat.

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time here and are looking forward to returning soon.

Visited February 2013

bedford
47 attraction reviews
“Christmas was wonderful - despite lousy weather / man flu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been visiting Trevose for many years and love it. This year we decided to spend Xmas there. Eight of us really enjoyed a great Christmas day lunch and the quality of the food and service was second to none. My aged mother-in-law was catered for very well via the wheel chair facilities. We had a bungalow and a Dormy flat and they were very comfortable. Cornwall was awash but it didn't stop us getting out and about and I had man flu and was still able to enjoy myself. Congrats to Nick, David and Rob in making the break enjoyable.

Great bar, Tom excellent. Tripadvisor is determined to place this as an attraction, I dont agree.

Visited December 2012
Bangkok
“Very good dining experience but lacking in ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've eaten here twice now and both times walked away having had a very good meal, pleasant service and all at a reasonable price.

Our latest visit was during the week mid September so it was out of regular touristy times.

We had no difficulty getting a table and only one other table was occupied during our time there but when we tried to book again on the Saturday night, it was fully booked...

We shared a nice bottle of red which came in at about £14.00 which was decent enough. The food was average for the area but not overly pricey.

Food was very good indeed but my steak came on a sizzling hot plate, so if you like your steak rare, beware that the hot plate can keep cooking it.

Service was very good and we had plenty of attention without being over bearing. This was very welcome because golf clubs can be a bit snooty towards non-members but we were made to feel very welcome even though we were not dressed accordingly.

All in all we had a very decent dining experience and would have no reservations in recommending it as a place to dine and we'll certainly go back next time we are in the area.

Visited September 2012
Bath, UK
29 attraction reviews
“Great course, good clubhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very enjoyable golfing experience. Clubhouse great and accommodation on site available if needed at reasonable price

Visited April 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“I have fallen in love with this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent a six day golf trip with 30 Americans to play in the Loo Cup. The Loo Cup is a Ryder Cup style match that pits our team against a team of 30 players from the UK. We alternate years on where we travel. Next year, the UK teams comes to Daytona Beach to play at LPGA International.

Half of the US team stayed at the bungalows at the Trevose Golf and Country Club. Obviously, we were there for golf and it experience was fantastic. I played 27 holes a day for all 5 days, 18 per day were on the Trevose Course and 9 per day was on their other 9-hole course. In my first trip in 2008, I did not really like the course. However this trip, I truly came to appreciate it. It seems like no hole ever plays the same twice. After one of our rounds, one of our frustrated players, said they would quit the game, if they had to play here everyday. To me, it sounded like a great idea. Within one round, we got to experience all four seasons. It was very unique.

The housing accomocations were more than adequate and clubhouse/restaurant were very good. I love the Engligh breakfast. The best part was the hospitality from every member at their club.

I'll be back and recommend that all avid golfers should put this on their list.

Visited June 2012