“Best pasty ever!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Padstow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bakeries
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Padstow, United Kingdom
“Best pasty ever!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Whenever we fancy a pasty this is where we go! You often have to wait for them to come out of the oven due to the popularity of this place - but that just means you always get a fresh and hot pasty. The pastry is delicious. The service is good and it's also reasonably priced. If you want a good cornish pasty walk past the chain shops in the town and go here!
The bread is pretty good too!

Visited December 2012

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Sitting on their laurels?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We often visit Padstow and have bought pasties here before which were good. On the most recent occasion the range available was small and we were told we'd have to wait 10 minutes before the next batch of steak pasties came out (surely a best seller?) and even then they couldn't tell me if any would be available to buy as they had an order waiting. i explained I'd like to know if they could or could not fulfill our order there and then as I didn't want to wait 10 minutes only to be disappointed. They were rather short and said they couldn't tell me and I'd have to wait. Obviously it wasn't possible to open the oven door and see how many they had in!! If the staff had been a little more pleasant I probably would have waited. As they were rather arrogant I went round the corner to The Pasty Company and bought 6 excellent steak and tribute pasties which were gorgeous. A case of needing a little work on front of house I think.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tiverton, Devon
“Dont know whats happened here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We recently had a pasty from here and it was terrible. It was bland, lacked salt, not much beef. Dont know whats happened here . We had one in the summer and it was lovely. To top it off a seagull flew down and grabbed my hubbys. pasty. Maybe that was a good thing on the occasion. Please improve or you will lose customers

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
U.K
“My first pasty in Cornwall was a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My last day in Padstow I was determined to find what looked like a shop selling traditional pasties and not a chain store. I stumbled upon this place, and it looked the business, so I ordered two meat pasties to take back with me to Portsmouth on the train. The smell filled the whole train with the wonderful aroma, that I gave in and ate mine before I even got home. It was wonderful and everything I had hoped. Going back down in February and will be buying some more of this Cornish wonder!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WIGAN
“Cornish Pasties baked on the premises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Almost always take 12 or 24 pasties back home with us when we holiday in Padstow. There are plenty of pasties for sale in Padstow but, as far as I know, the only ones baked on the premises are at The Chough Bakery.

Visited December 2012