“Lovely atmosphere, a very continental feel, unique to this area.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely atmosphere, a very continental feel, unique to this area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here, myself and several other friends enjoyed incredibly tasty and well valued food, fine and amazing music. The most perfect and friendly service. A very welcoming and fun loving cafe/wine bar.

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“The only thing that's constant is change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

There is something uniquely special about this cafe in the heart of Wadebridge. The Owner, Chris, his staff and the customers all seem part of a vibrant co-operative all sharing the life, the buzz and everybody's company and coffee at this buzzing vibrant meeting eatery.
Regular visits recommended as you will then enjoy the flow of developments and ideas as well as a hot drink and fabulous cake.... or.... soup.... or a pizza... and a beer or a glass of wine.

Wadebridge
“Best coffee about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Top coffee, food and atmosphere. I am a repeat visitor here and would recommend the place to anyone who wants a good coffee and a chat. Always good!

Liskeard
“Best flat white in Cornwall…”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not many people even know what one is let alone how to make one, it's always a gamble when ordering one in the shire, I'd almost given up but they got it spot on. Great coffee and atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't care less service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I ordered hot drinks and two toasted sandwiches on a very quiet Tue lunchtime in Feb. The drinks came and were consumed during a pleasant 15 mins in lovely surroundings and cool relaxing music. As another member of staff walked in from the supermarket, the member of staff who had taken our order passed to her colleague the order for our food. Disappointed but thinking that they would be embarrassed to get a move on, we relaxed again. Three other customers had since walked in and ordered food and drinks.

All three of the other customers were served their food. We were then treated to the sort of exuberance of children by a guy and his partner who appeared to be the proprietors. He played on his laptop at what seemed like maximum volume a skiing video with "house" music. He was also making unashamed and very loud disparaging remarks about his partner. Honestly, if you were managing the cafe you would go straight over to them and ask them to turn off the music and quieten down. The young female staff appeared more preoccupied with their own lives and that of a friend who joined them for a communal lunch and loud boyfriend conversation, than with even reasonable customer service. My wife's sandwich arrived 30 mins after ordering. Mine took a reminder after 40 mins. Food was reasonable. We didn't leave a tip other than the lessons they might learn from this review.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
PicsandCoffee, Owner at The Picture and Coffee House, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I feel I have to respond to your review firstly because you seem to have been offended by my laid back approach to running my business. My return custom from the many locals that frequent the place stands as a testament to the fact that we actually do care about the service you receive when you come ands visit. The banter I have with my staff and regulars is part of what makes the atmosphere, if you would rather a more serious atmosphere I'd be happy to point you towards some other establishments within the area. I am disappointed you had to wait longer than usual for your food, however you ordered the oven baked chorizo not a sandwich, I believe this was your mistake, and it clearly states that pizzas and oven baked chorizo will take slightly longer during the day as we try to help the environment and not keep the oven running all day. If only you could have stood up and mentioned you were unhappy with the wait, I would not have charged you. The staff that were working that day are young females and do like a good chat, they will often include our customers in their chat too, another great aspect of this little place, somewhere where people chat to each other rather than ignore each other. I hope your experience here didn't ruin your holiday.