“Excellent new van but no door curtain !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinewoods Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells-next-the-Sea
Pinewoods Holiday Park
You added Pinewoods Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Wells-next-the-Sea, England   |
Bucks
“Excellent new van but no door curtain !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just spent a long weekend in a A grade static van. Despite requesting a quiet location on the booking form we were the first van in the park as you go in so that every walker and vehicle passed by. That said it was November, not many people about and we had family come to visit for a meal so in retrospect the location was easy to find. Had it been summer i would have asked to move. The van was immaculate, very new and even had an en-suite to the master bedroom. The central heating was phenominally good and so warm for a cold Novembers weekend. We cooked a roast dinner for 4 and the cooking facilities were excellent (despite it missing a chopping board and veg nice). Bizarley despite curtains on all the windows the door was clear glass and we were on full view for everyone to see ( we managed to hang up one of the spare single duvets over the door to stop the world and his wife looking in). The location for walking into Wells is excellent, we had family in the town so were able to avoid driving all weekend by walking in and out.
We would definately book again for an 'out of season' holiday and would hesitate to book an A grade van in the winter, but would probably avoid in high season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just returned from a brilliant week stay in a pristine 'B' grade static caravan at the park. The site is large but immaculate and in a great location. 5 min walk along a safe path by the sea estry away from the road to the beach (miles of sand) or about a 15min walk the other direction into Wells-next-the-sea. The park backs on to a lake and nature reserve where you can see Muntjak deer, foxes and lots of different birds especially in the evening. North Norfolk has lots of thing to do and I think Wells-next-the-sea has lots to offer couples or families. There are plenty of restaurants and bars int he town and make sure you stop off for a pancake or pint at the Albatros boat moored in the harbour. We're really looking forward to returning soon and highly recommend the holiday park.

Room Tip: All caravans seemed fine, even the lower grades are good if money is tight.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ok i realise people (me included) read these 'good' reviews and think they must be written by an employee of the place, but I can tell you honestly i have no connection whatsoever with anyone at this holiday camp....
My girlfriend and i booked this as a last min few days away break, and I'm so glad we did. It's the first time we have stayed in a static caravan and we were more than happy with it. In fact we really didn't want to leave..the caravan/mobile home was spotlessly clean (to the point that we wondered if it was brand new) with LOADS of room and all mod cons....and even a balcony to watch the sun setting!
Everything you need was supplied, inc a nice little welcome pack of the essentials (bread, milk, tea bags, coffee etc)...good thinking pinewood!!
Oh I should just say, we went in sept, so it was pretty quiet (no kids)...I imagine it fills up quite a bit during sch hols.
We paid £300 for 4 nights, which got us one of their best rated caravans.
The park is near the stunning beach and a few mins walk to town (or catch the mini train for £1.30 per adult).
Wells is a lovely town, nice gift shops and coffee shops etc..and a good few pubs and restaurants...we enjoyed the Albatros pub (a Dutch clipper ship converted into a pub) and The Crown (great food, bit pricey though).
All in all, I can't recommend highly enough...we'll definitely book again!
I've read some 'bad' reviews on here and notice most are by campers in tents, so I can't really comment...all I know is, if you're after a nice relaxing break, near the beach in a quiet location give it a go!!
Thanks Pinewoods :)

• Stayed September 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

we stayed here the same week last year and like it so much that we decided to go again this year. Was a bit aprehensive about going again as we were aware of what it was about, I was wrong, we had a good week, excellent weather, excellent location. Our holiday consisted of beach days, crab fishing and mixing in a couple of trips.
Again car was parked up most of week apart from when we went on the seal trip and on the Poppyline in sandringham which our kids ( and ourselves ) really enjoyed and would highly recomend.
The village is cute is that makes sense, the beach is amazing, wide open and clean. Water seems quite warm too. not sure if thats just me.
the site is clean and there is the lake where we fed the ducks almost every day.
as im british and we are famous for moaning so im going to throw in a few negatives
here goes..............
*The campsite looked really poor, but i was not stopping on there so who cares.
*I had to walk about 50 yards to the communal bin!
*The ducks kept quacking
*the grass was green.

i highly recomend a week in wells for pure relaxation and family time!!!!!!!!

suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have been going to Pinewoods for a few years now and always book a 4 bedroom lodge for six of us. I think there is only 2 or 3 for rent but any of the lodges are worth it most of them are 3 bedrooms but the problem with them is they only seat 4 comfortably in the lounge but the 4 bedroom seats 6 strange i know but thats how it is. We come on motorbikes and they have always make us welcome. It is a lot quieter where the lodges are as they are set round the lake. they come with bed linen provided and a food basket with bread, milk, tea, coffee.orange juice, butter etc which is a help from friday to monday on a bank holiday costs about £400 but is really worth it between 6 of us, they are fully central heated with 2 bathrooms so compared to camping this is a no brainer for us also, works out a lot cheaper than a B & B This is a popular site for families cos there is nothing to spend your money on ( except an expensive shop ) The site looks like its making less space for tourers and tents but putting on more statics ( they know where to make the money ) we have seen a lot of changes over the years we used to come when you had to empty your loo in their static vans and they used to move the caravans off in the winter because of flooding so it has come a long way, but there is no way we would camp because the charges are far to high for what you get.

Room Tip: choose a lodge if you can afford it they are comfortable and roomy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Recently returned from a fortnight in Norfolk in which my wife, son and myself tour around in our converted van. This van is clearly now a camper. Arrived at Pinewoods to be greeted by uniformed reception staff in a very nice reception who explained, albeit very eloquently that they couldn't allow us on site 'in case we decided to sleep in the vehicle'. On enquiry into this, she just kept repeating this mantra until I left.

I was certainly made to feel like a second-class citizen by arrogant staff and would not recommend this place to anyone. I definitely got a feeling of 'we don't want your type here' and had it not been for the discovery of excellent sites around the rest of the coast, could very easily have been put off ever visiting Norfolk again. As such, we fully intend to return next year to Norfolk, but will be sure to give Pinewoods a very wide berth indeed...

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights with my daughter in the field. Overpriced at £20 but because of the great location I was prepared to put up with the portaloos (two of which were blown over), the rutted field, sink area that had half the taps sealied off with brown packing tape and the very average showers. However, when I said I was going to add a one-man tend to our two-man tent when my wife joined on Saturday the price went up to £60 for the night! When I asked how they could justify this I was told they charged by the tent and if I had a bigget tent that could hold up to 8 people I'd only have to pay £30. When I asked the manager to look at how little spcae we were taking compared to the large family tents she wasn't interested and refused to look at how small our pitch was. So we left and will not return. Found a great, friendly little campsite nearby that charged £15 and they'll get our business from now on. It's a real shame that such a great location can't be given to a business that cares about it customers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pinewoods Holiday Park? Share your experiences!