“Good situation friendly clean spacious” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Globe Inn to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Globe Inn
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   The Buttlands | Norfolk, Wells-next-the-Sea NR23 1EU, England   |
Suffolk UK
“Good situation friendly clean spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

stayed here l night 13 November 2012 Good twin room in a almost victorian style modern bathroom all good.overlooking green square. Parking on the street. Very quite area mostly houses and l pub/hotel further down the square. Bar quiet but with friendly staff food not entirely to my choice but it all looked good. Breakfast very good. Just a very short walk to the main street that had all kinds of shops . Quayside not too far away down hill. One of the waitresses told of several other places we may be inyerested in including a Dutch barge selling pancakes of all descriptions....not open the days we were there though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cephalonia, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights, room great overlooking The Buttlands, beds and bathroom both excellent! Staff helpful, happy and knowledgible. The only down side was that having read the comprehensive info pack in the the room we decided to follow its advice and choose a steak from the restaurant's menu; all meat from local farmer / butcher. Probably two of the most gristly pieces of meat we've ever encountered. The sausages at breakfast (from the same source?) were not up to much either. Our advice to the Globe "change your butcher".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback on our suppliers and will investigate accordingly. Hope to see you again in future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We thought we'd give the globe a try after regularly visiting another local hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised. Comfy rooms,friendly staff, lovely hidden restaurant we had no idea was behind the rustic bar. Keep up the good work, we'll be back :-)

• Stayed November 2012
AdnamsSouthwold, Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and trying our hotel for the first time. We are glad to have met your expectations and pleased to hear that you would consider staying with us again in the future. See you sono!
Wheathampstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

with places like wells next the sea growing in popularity i can thoroughly recommend the globe inn as a place to stay, enjoy a good meal and an excellent pint of adnams
stayed in room 1 which is large with a large bathroom/shower - very clean and very well decorated
service is good with an excellent location on a big green and a 3 minute walk from the sea fron in wells

Room Tip: we have stayed in several rooms but find room 1 the best - you pay a bit more but its worth it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We loved it...a short break with a much needed wind down from our daily cares. The Globe was perfect, our arrival was greeted by Dannielle who booked us in very enthusiastically and also cheerfully showed us to our room. It was a lovely room - simple in many ways but just right. It was thoughtful too - we like Redbush tea in the evening and unlike any hotel anywhere in the world in my prior experience - they had the right tea bag!!! Dinner was terrific and great value, my partner's grilled chicken with polenta and a red pepper coulis was in her top 10 meals of all time! My dressed crab was as fresh as one could ever expect and more flavoursome than one could possibly expect. It was a really nice blend of informal yet utterly polite and good quality without being pompous in any way. Quite unlike the uncomfrtable snobbery one can experience in Burnham Market Wells draws a more normal and nicer group of holidaymakers and it feels more real and thats where the Globe sits very comfortably.

Room Tip: They are all nice - we were at the back which is probably quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AdnamsSouthwold, Public Relations Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad that you both enjoyed your stay with us at The Globe.
Bawtry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at The Globe on a Sunday night for a short break, travelling on my own with my two faithful basset hounds. Having stayed on a regular basis in Burnham Market, I thought I have a change and stay at The Globe and I was so glad I did.

I received a lovely welcome from the staff and was informed that the housekeeper had been and bought a new extra dog bed that morning to accommodate my two dogs. When I was shown my room (my bags were carried for me) it was bright and airy and beautifully cool, there was air conditioning on ready and it made the room perfectly comfortable on the hottest day of the year. In the room were two dog beds, bowls, 'fish and chips' dog biscuits and even doggie doo bags! The room was spotlessly clean and overlooked the courtyard to the rear of the hotel. Bed and pillows were comfortable, no noise at night, we all slept like logs after a lovely day on the beach.

The restaurant at night was fully booked, but I wanted to eat at the hotel, this was no problem and without any fuss the staff opened up the private dining room for me. Dogs are allowed throughout the hotel and I ate with my companions snoozing soundly under the table. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced, as were drinks. Throughout my time in the public areas staff kept stopping to chat and bring the dogs biscuits and treats on a regular basis. I have never experienced such welcoming and friendly staff, they are a credit to Adnams who own The Globe.

As is was a sunny morning, I had breakfast outside in the courtyard. I had fresh berries and yoghurt, full english, toast and tea. The full english was well cooked and served on a piping hot plate. It definitely set me up for the day!

In conclusion I had a perfect stay at The Globe, but the credit doesn't go to the accommodation alone, it also goes to the staff who went out of their way to make my stay so enjoyable. It will be The Globe I stay at from now on when we have a break by the beach, as long as there is a room available I won't be staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the courtyard to the rear of the Hotel and was blissfully quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We're so glad that you, and your dogs, enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Heavenly food, spacious family room but internal doors a bit tricky, especially for children or parents with buggies. Beautiful location on the Green and with the beach near(ish) it makes for an excellent base from which to see the area. Was a bit uncomfortable on those rare warm days, and room was quite bright but room was provided with a fan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AdnamsSouthwold, Public Relations Manager at The Globe Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your whole experience with us and appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again in future.

Been to The Globe Inn? Share your experiences!