We stayed her last weekend and the hotel was comfortable and clean, however on entering reception we had to wait quite a while before we were acknowledged, the receptionist was busy trying to get a taxi for another guest, a smile and a nod and perhaps "I'll be with you as soon as I can" would have been the thing to do. In the end, the guest she was helping said she should see to us and he would come back later. She was very friendly and helpful when she did get round to checking us in though.
Another thing, in a double room, in fact what could have been a family room as there was a spare single put you up, to only have one chair is not enough really. And that is a very hard wooden chair.
Finally we decided to eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel as it was extremely cold and we could not face going out again, the starter was very nice, crispy mushrooms with a dip but the main courses were very disappointing, my partner had cold chips and peas and my veggie burger was tasteless, my partner complained and she did discount the bill however. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and the wine list was very good.
I would stay here again if I had to be in Thetford but I would eat elsewhere, and to be fair we only paid £29 for the room!
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Thetford Hotel
- Premier Inn Thetford Hotel Thetford
- Premier Inn Thetford Norfolk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the A11, A134 junction towards Norwich & Bury St. Edmunds, this hotel is ideally situated for exploring the heart of east Anglia. Surrounding features include Centre parks, Thetford high lodge forest centre & Snetterton race track. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Thetford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.