“Not my idea of a Bombay Dream” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 143 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to all our regular and new customers to Bombay Dreams, a place where you can enjoy relaxed Fine Dining in a contemporary ambiance.We are proud that Bombay Dreams is a place where our customer can experience eating superb tasty authentic Indian & Bangladeshi dishes many of which are traditional and familiar to many regions of India and Bangladeshi. We can assure you all our dishes are cooked blending genuine fresh exotic spices from the Indian sub-continent.We take seriously to maintain a high standard of hygiene and how we prepare our dishes and that they are all presented to you in a excellent manner to the table by our great team of keen and able waiters.Here at Bombay Dreams our team look forward to having the pleasure of serving you.Please let us have your comment and feedback about anything especially our service and food quality - compliments welcome!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Not my idea of a Bombay Dream”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well I think I just had the worst Indian meal experience in my life in the UK. It started off quite well popadoms were good ,chutney's not bad and I do like my mango pickle. So all good to this point, ordered a sweet lassi, not the worst I have had. Selected the Vege Thali as non meat eater. Should have realised that this is not the area for a veg thali,my mistake. It came and looked quite good on first impressions and thats where it stopped. Blando blando, good volume and quantity. But boy was it flavourless. I had a word and it was taken away to be spiced up, so I thought. Came back hotter,not what i wanted. It was decent of them to do this.
I tried to explain how I fealt about the food flavour and quality. The alloo saag had very little saag in it,looking like it had a few bits of spinach. The mutter paneer had a few tiny pieces of paneer. It appeared the base for both the veg curry and paneer was the same. The veg curry had what looked like potato's but was told it had carrots too. Pilau rice was ok, the naan was good. The onion bhaji's were surprisingly ok but not the best.
What finally took the biscuit for me was after explaining the above to the waiter he took it away mostly uneaten approx 75%. He never came back to apologise explain or anything. I waited for 10mins expecting some sort of anything at all. I called the other waiter over who didn't appear to know what was said. The waiter returned who had served me ,I said I was not happy could I see the manager. I was told he was away and would be back but not how long, it was a wait or do whatever attitude. I waited to see Mr Ali who wouldn't give his 1st name and the name of the waiter. Hang your heads in shame over your customer service. Mr Ali told me that they don't produce Dhesy dishes, hang your head even lower in shame. I will not be returning

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bombay D, General Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Bombay Dreams. All feedback is taken into consideration and appreciated. As a BD manager I am sorry to know you did not like our food.

First of all I would like to point out the Veg thali we served you it was our standard cooking meal. When you order did not mention you want your meal bit of desi style cooking touch.
After we served your meal you did ask the waiter if you can bit more spiced up. As soon as you asked we took your meal away and re-cook your full five course thali meal plus we replace your nan bread and the starter. When we served you the new re-cooked meal you also waiter asked you if you are happy with the meal. Your Answered you are happy also you mention to the waiter new complain the size of the dish as you can see the Thali are served in small tabs and which is come with five different curry in five different tabs and all the tabs was full. We can’t put more curry in to the tab as it was full.

So my points is first of all we did re-cook for you the full thali dish and when you move to complain about the size of the dish I am sorry to say we could do anymore because Thali been served completely full and our Thali is Big.

You did mention manager said we do not cook desi style food. Of course we do cook desi style food on request otherwise we all ways served our standard meal. Also we you were taking to the manger you were expecting some discount. My point is when you first time ordered you did not mention your dish you would like to be bit spiced up like a bit of desi tuch but we did change it for you after you mention. How can manager give you discount on the dish when it was already discounted meal original price of the dish is £19.40 we were selling it for £11.95.

Broadway, United Kingdom
“Very nice Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I ate here with colleagues on a recent business trip to King's Lynn. Nice efficient service and a good variety of dishes on the menu. Food very good and would probably visit again if in the area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
King's Lynn, Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Stuffed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have eaten in so many restaurants in king's Lynn that I fancied something a little different for my birthday tonight. I looked at reviews on TripAdvisor and as Bombay Dreams was number 2 in town, I decided to investigate further. The reviews for this restaurant were fantastic so it made sense to book a table and give it a go. I'm very glad I did as it was a great evening. The service was excellent as all the staff were very polite and attentive. The food was very tasty and I can honestly say, I enjoyed every mouthful. I highly rate this restaurant and will be going again in the future. Thanks guys and we'll done.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was my first visit to this restaurant-but it won't be my last..........can honestly say it was the best Indian food I have ever had.
Bravo............I can totally recommend this establishment to anyone that visits Kings Lynn
Well done-5 stars from me !!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Why was it so empty?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I agree that the location is pretty ordinary and with no on-street parking, I nearly turned away. However 95% of the reviews were positive and I agree; I am glad I visited. Inside it was modern and well lit with coloured lights; the background music was standard oriental. There was only 1 other diner on a Sunday evening which meant there was no atmosphere; however it was the food I came for. Started with complimentary papodoms & chutney! Choice of Cobra or Kingfisher.
Menu was fairly standard and as was the wine list. I started with the mixed kebab platter which was excellent and extremely well presented on square plates with separate sections for the sauces. The lamb & chicken were moist and delicately flavoured & even the onion bhajee was fairly crisp (Most are stodgy but this was OK) Main course was Bombay sagwala with fried rice and tarka daal. All were very good especially the rice with fried onion pieces and all grains separate. The sagwala was nicely spiced with just the right amount of heat (For me!) Due to the empty restaurant, the service was very good but not pushy-only asked if everything was OK once.
The best curry I have had for a long time and I will be back

• Visited October 2013