My wife and I returned yesterday from a 2 night break at the hotel. Upon arrival we parked in the hotel car park and once in the hotel were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. this was to be the case for the whole stay. Our room was well appointed and clean with a good en suite bathroom.
The building occupies an imposing position on the market square and is well positioned for walking around Kings Lynn and enjoying the shops, pubs and restaurants.
The bar inside the hotel provided a good choice of wine and an excellent pint of Adnams Broadside. We ate at the hotel restaurant on both nights and were very impressed with the helpfulness and quality of service which was matched by the delicious, well presented food that was the best that we have had for a very long time.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly whilst not being intrusive.
We had a wonderful stay at the hotel and will definely be back. Well done to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Legacy Duke's Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Legacy Duke's Head Hotel UK/Norfolk