Booked to stay here for 2 nights at the end of April. Our room was very nice, but the water was only tepid. I advised reception and although they knew of no problem, We were moved to a better room. However, the water here was no warmer. The next morning there was no water at all in the hotel. Not the hotel's fault I realize. But what annoyed me was the fact that no bottled water was made available ( despite the Manager saying she would take care of it ) and no plans were made to allow the guests to shower at any nearby hotel. I've been in hotels in Mexico and Puerto Rico in hurricanes that had better organization, and staff who seemed to care. Although I did not expect the staff to fix the water problem, I do think they could have done more to remedy it. Late in the afternoon we were moved to another hotel without any discussion as to where we could go. Unfortunately it is of a much lower standard, so I feel somewhat disgruntled as there was no offer of any refund or future discount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Legacy Duke's Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Legacy Duke's Head Hotel UK/Norfolk