Stayed at Congham a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed with the quality of the hotel, it is modern but in a homely, warm boutique-y way.
The sense and feeling of being in the middle of no-where really adds to the Spa relax feel - I can imagine it is beautiful in the summer for long walks in the grounds but it was just as gorgeous in the cold misty mornings.
The food was delicious and the menu covered a real variety to suit all customer needs, which being a fussy eating is definitely a plus! I had chicken which was real soft and tender which is really rare as chicken can really dry out but was by far the best chicken meal I have had in a long while.
Breakfast the following morning was really yummy - pancakes at 08.00 in the morning what more could a girl ask for!
My only real fault is that you don't have tea and coffee making facilities in the room, you have to order with reception (free of charge) and they bring this to the room for you. I do drink alot of tea and I felt bad calling reception all the time for cups of tea so in the end only had 2 and not my usual evening one as it was late and I felt really bad.
I personally think it makes more sense to have this facility in the room especially if the service is free anyway.
A real touch was the fact that they have dvd players in the room and a wide selection of films to choose from in the library.
Nothing better than a lovely treatment and then a lie down on the snuggly bed in your robe watching bridget jones before getting ready for dinner.
The spa is brand new pretty much and is really gorgeous with a wide choice of facilities including an outdoor hottub!
The perfect venue for couples - if you are celebrating an anniversary or a birthday or just want a special weekend away together this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congham Hall is a privately owned Georgian manor set in the heart of the beautiful Norfolk countryside. The splendid sandy beaches of the North Norfolk coast, bustling market towns, nature reserves and the Queen’s beloved Sandringham Estate, are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Congham Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Congham Hall Country Hotel
- Hotel Congham Hall Country
- Congham Hall Country House Hotel & Spa UK/Norfolk