“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Kings Lynn
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited last year with my fiancé and in-laws-to-be for Sunday Carvery. Lovely meal, fresh and delicious. Great value carvery in a nice setting.

Downham Market, United Kingdom
“Not just for the Carvery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Having visited the winch previously for their superb Carvery, my wife daughter and I popped along to celebrate my birthday ordering from the a la Carte menu. Being some of the first customers to sample from the new menu, we were unsurprised that the food met the high standard we have come to be expect. Do yourself a favour, stop before you get to "Frankie and Benny's" and give The Winch a try, you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
Whittlesey, United Kingdom
“Abundance of lovely food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

After reading a number of reviews on TripAdvisor my girlfriend and I decided to check this place out for ourselves. We went into the bar for a drink first and then sat in the restaurant for our meal. The meal itself tasted fantastic and the portion sizes were excellent, I have never had so much white bait as a starter, I had to leave some to avoid hardly touching my main course. I had lamb shank for my main and it fell off the bone and was nicely seasoned. My girlfriend had the sweet chilli beef which she very much enjoyed and again this was a large portion. We ended up sharing the homemade honeycomb & iced cream dessert and it was FANTASTIC!! The gentleman and lady behind the bar were lovely as well. Would definitely come again if in the area.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfect carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Came for a midweek carvery and wasn't disappointed! The beef was lovely and moist and the veg perfectly cooked, my daughter loved her Yorkshire pudding so much she wanted another one!
Waiteresses were attentive and overall was excellent value for money.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cambride uk
“Old fashioned, meals on wheels standard.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having read some of the promising reviews on this site, I decided to give The Winch a try on a Sunday. I would compare the food to that of an elderly relative who has limited ability in the kitchen. Over cooked veg, soggy roast pots and parsnips, flaccid Yorkshire puddings. The meat however was well cooked. Disappointing.

• Visited November 2013