“Best Carvery experience in many years.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Aylesbury
“Best Carvery experience in many years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A cold and windy evening was tempered by the wonderfully warm and genuinely inviting hospitality from the staff of the Winch, Steely Dan on the audio was the prefect accompaniment to an excellently kept pint of Black Sheep . The atmosphere was cosy and the aroma from the Carvery became irresistible.
The roasts and accompaniments were all well presented and served piping hot as were the serving plates which is always well received. The food itself was top drawer, incredibly tasty and more than generous in portion, the comforting pudding menu was delightful and well executed.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Peaceful eating of a High Order”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have taken my elderly mother here twice and have had excellent, friendly service with a very good menu at a reasonable price! Have really enjoyed eating here (weekdays) and can highly recommend this nice pub.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Thought I would give it a try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

It has been many years and many owners since I visited The Sportsman which is now know as The Winch. We thought we would give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised. It is situated on the A10 on the way to Downham Market from King's Lynn and has a large car park so no problem parking and extremely easy to find.
The welcome as we walked in was pleasant and after ordering drinks we were taken to our table and handed menus. After a reasonable time for all of us to choose our meal we were asked by a charming girl what we would like. She was efficient and even though one of our party decided to change parts of a set meal, she said it was not a problem. (We have often been told in other restaurants that the set meals cannot be altered and if we want something different it will cost extra)
The meals arrived in very good time and quite honestly I could not fault it.
All in all a very pleasant evening and my hat goes off to the owners for making a pleasant venue during these hard times.. 1st class and will be going back,,
Steve and Maz

“The best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is simply the best place in town to eat, there Sunday carvery is excellent, top service and value for money,
Highly recommend to everyone
Go ahead and try you won't be disappointed

• Visited October 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, finished every mouthful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had never eaten in the Winch before, but I must say the food was wonerful. What really suprised me was that the menu was lovely and simple, and there was nothing on it I didnt like! I could have ordered everything, but I ate everything I did order. Cant wait to take the rest of my family there!

• Visited September 2013