“Xmas party!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Warehouse

Marriott's Warehouse
South Quay, King's Lynn PE30 5DT, England (Formerly Green Quay)
01553 818 500
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 140 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Cuisines: English
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Cafe, Restaurant and Bar in a sixteenth century warehouse on King's Lynn's riverside. Fresh, local food and good company every day.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Xmas party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

I booked and organised Xmas party for 50 work friends last night. Booked this in June. Have to say i was a little bit worried how they would cope with such a large party all wanting to eat at the same time. We all pre-ordered from the Xmas menu, plenty of choices for all courses. All the food was delicious piping hot and very tasty and value for money. All the staff were great, friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We all had such an enjoyable night. Well done to the Marriott's team last night - you were faultless.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

United Kingdom
“Great Group Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We had a lovely experience dining at Marriotts lunchtime today and experiencing their Christmas menu. This was the first time I had been part of a large group eating here (11) and I did wonder if the quality or service might suffer. The answer was not in the least. The organisation beforehand in respect of pre-ordering really helped. We had pre-meal drinks in the loft area upstairs which was a great way to start although the drinks did take a little while to arrive. The food was good quality and did not have a feel of being for a large service at all. Staff were responsive to individual needs substituting vegetables for linguini and, amazingly, replacing a whole course for one person when a mains ordered was not what the individual expected. We did not feel rushed but service was at a comfortable pace which was important for getting back to work. All in all very good and we are already planning to repeat the experience again next year. Would very much recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

i came here for my birthday last year in November and havent been back until last weekend.My meal last year was excellent and the menu was interesting as I remember the specials board being very inventive.But what a difference a year makes!! the menu is very boring now and the specials board a different animal completely.I was informed by the waitress that there has been a change in chef, what a shame! To be fair my steak was well cooked and my partners too but I was looking forward to some inventive food and couldnt find anything "special" on the board.Perhaps it was the chefs week off?The service was average, mainly youngsters looking at their mobile phones, but I will come again and hopefully for a meal as good as last years!

• Visited November 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Trying hard and failing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend visited recently on a Thursday night, we we're welcomed by a pleasant lady who found us a table. We were presented with menus which were dirty, anyway she advised us the specials board and the fact the fish item would take 25mins to cook.
A different waitress came across and took our order, then we waited and waited 45 mins pasted and my burger finally arrived to the table by another waitress who returned to the bar and few minutes past and yet another waitress decided to bring my girlfriends chicken breast.
The described brioche bun for the burger was not, chips not the best, pile of frisée leaves with pepper added nothing to the dish. Lots of elements but not done well at all. My girlfriends chicken seem to be presented on a fruit platter from a dresser, oversized plates that looked a common throughout. Why put un roasted cherry tomatoes on a vine on dish of chicken with mushroom sauce and new potatoes? She said the chicken was nice and moist.
Pudding, I went for key lime pie, poor. Short crust pastry base? should be biscuit base, decorated with a fan of a strawberry? The cream was on the other end of the plate with chocolate chips, weeds, and a physalis fruit, why?!
Poor experience for us both with slow chaotic service with no clear leadership or direction, however seems to do well in the town, puzzled why!

Visited November 2014
Norwich
“A welcome addition to Kings Lynn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

We have found it difficult to get a light lunch eg sandwich and drink in Kings Lynn. But Marriotts is definitely something to look forward to in future. We had the best turkey sandwiches ever (with salad and a few crisps) with drinks (glass of wine for me, Becks Blue for my husband) for about £17. They also have a full menu of lunch dishes which we did not try - but prices reasonable and people were enjoying them. In th summer you can sit outside by the River Ouse

• 5 of 5 stars Food