“Christmas lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coltishall
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Christmas lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First visit to this lovely hotel, took wife, daughters and son in law. Welcomed by friendly staff, short wait for table to be prepared but this was not a problem as had a drink in the lounge whilst perusing the menue. Food very nice coupled with good service. This was the first time we had been out for lunch on Christmas Day and would certainly do so again even if i picked up the bill for 5.

Room Tip: Meal only did not stay
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We treated ourselves & booked in for Christmas.
Easy check in with offer of taking bag to room.
We had room “Hawthorn” which is quite large, modern & has a comfy sitting area.
The room was not over warm but a fan heater was supplied.
On the subject of heating, also,the heated towel rail was not functioning. This was reported to reception, man sent to investigate, who reported this to Anna one of the owners. Quick review of problem & room change agreed, very professional.
Moved next day to Suite "Samphire", very impressed by size & furnishing, but again not over warm until later in the evening, especially when curtains were closed.
Bed & Bedding, very high quality, warm & good nights sleep on all nights
Food:- All meals cooked to perfection & from a very interesting menu, could not be better.
Service:- They should & are I think proud of their team, very professional in all areas, friendly & helpful. Also service at meals is well paced & you are not rushed.

Room Tip: "Hawthorne" is not warm enough
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights in early December. The hotel is in an ideal position just outside Norwich, in a peaceful location. We had booked through Secret Escapes, and on arrival had been upgraded. The bedroom (Mulberry) was very nice, with a large bathroom with double sinks, rain shower and stylish bath. We liked all the public areas, the decor is very calm and tasteful and the log fires were very welcoming.
However, our dining experience was inconsistent. The first evening (a Monday) the dining room was chilly, the food was ok (my husband's pork belly was chewy and not 'melt in the mouth'), and although there were only 3 couples dining, there was quite a wait between courses. The first breakfast next morning was fine. The second evening was a complete contrast - the food (we had the fillet steak) was absolutely perfect, and although the restaurant was busier, the service was also faultless. The second breakfast - although there were only two tables waiting to be served (the others already had their orders), it took a long time for our hot food to arrive. When mine was served, it had been mixed up with the order for the other table and had to go back to the kitchen and be recooked - the waiter was very apologetic, but it took a very long time before I got my breakfast. Luckily we did not have an appointment to get to, although we were keen to be on our way.
I would imagine this hotel is lovely in the summer months when you could sit outside in the evening with a drink.

nr. Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for one night just prior to Christmas as a gift with dinner and breakfast included. Beautiful building, great food and friendly staff. I cannot fault it, and I greatly enjoyed my stay. I would certainly like to vista again.

wakefield uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was chosen because of its good reviews and we were going on an English Heritage tour in Great Yarmouth and it was in a suitable position for the standard we were looking for. We were told we were upgraded to a suite. The room was absolutely fine but I would not refer to it as a suite. No different from many rooms that you normally find. The room was comfortable and a good plentiful supply of hot water and a good shower. I n some hotels you can choose your type of pillow! This is just a general comment for many hotels, I wish you could choose the thickness of the duvet. The mattress of the bed was very comfortable.
The evening meal showed there was a lot of thought put into it, and we enjoyed it as well as the bar facilities with the open log fires. However we thought the breakfast let it down. On the menu there was a lot of choice and the food was freshly cooked. Both of us would have enjoyed a selection of fruits for breakfast,cereal is definitely not our number one choice. My husband was quite satisfied with the cooking of his breakfast. However I had the herb mushrooms on toast, I would have prefered to have been able to taste the mushrooms and not overwhelmed by herbs. On the second morning I had boiled egg. I said how I wanted it done. Unfortunately they came over cooked. Admittedly I do not like my food highly seasoned, some might say my taste are bland, ie I prefer to taste the actual meat /fish instead of too much seasoning.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked this hotel through travelzoo and it was brilliant. Hotel was beautifully decorated, amenties were fantastic, bathroom was amazing and on top of that the food was gorgeous. Loved the breakfast and the staff were exceptional. Really pleased with everything and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We had the Sloe Room which was bigger than most with a great bathroom
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just stayed for 1 night on DB&B booked through Secret Escapes and what a lovely surprise it was.
Had a deluxe room with Superking bed and top quality bedding.
Room was spacious and shower room refurbished to a very high standard.
Room was lovely and warm for arrival and had lovely furniture.
We were in the room for a couple of minutes when there was a knock at the door.
A member of staff brought us complimentary 2 glasses of lovely chilled Champagne.
2 Course dinner was top quality produce and also cooked to perfection.
All staff were very cheery and eager to help.
Had a lovely nights sleep on a very comfy bed and I must say the Full English breakfast was once again lovely.
I wish I had booked at least 2 days here just to feel at home as I did as soon as I arrived and walked through the door.
For a Wednesday night the restaurant was nice and busy with customers that live in the area and are not staying at the Hotel.
I think this tells you how good the food is that is on offer.
If you fancy being Very Well looked after then this is the place for you.
They may say that this Hotel is 4 star but I would rate it 5 star Plus.
Well Done to all at the Norfolk Mead Hotel and I hope your business thrives because you deserve it!!!!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Norfolk Mead Hotel? Share your experiences!