“Price hike too much” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Funshack

Funshack
Unit 1, Hall Dene Way | Seaham Grange Industrial Estate, Seaham SR7 0PU, England
0191 5214853
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 13 Attractions in Seaham
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
“Price hike too much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've been going there for a couple of years. I would normally buy ten session for £40. This has now changed to £50! That's simply too much of a price hike in one hit! Adult prices have also changed from 50p to £1. I can't even understand why adults pay in the first place. A lot of people are now going elsewhere and I can see the place going downhill especially cause of the amount of people disgusted with the prices. They've even stopped giving the kids the meal they used to get for free. Plus they've put up all the prices on the menu, a salad is £7!

To make matters worse the standard of the place has gone downhill too. Was there yesterday and one trampoline isn't working, no hand gel in the toilets and a lot of patch work on the soft play areas. The customer service wasn't good at all. Not sure if it's under new management or not but I won't be going again!

Visited May 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“Costs more and you get less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Been going here a while now as I live locally. However after visiting on Wednesday I can honestly say I'll be finding somewhere else to go. Toddler time is now £4.50 and you no longer get a sandwich, it's been replaced with 2 cheap biscuits which is a shame. Also to charge £1 per adult is disgraceful!! This charge is for every adult not just additional ones, you get an hour and a half even at quiet times and the whole atmosphere has become quite unwelcoming. There are signs everywhere telling you what to do, or rather what not to do!! The food is poor for the price and drinks are expensive. To top it off I was bitten by some sort of critter whilst I was there (several times) which isn't surprising as it's quite grubby.

Visited May 2014
Seaham, United Kingdom
“Great from a kids perspective...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

...from an adults point of view - grubby & dated, although I can appreciate how difficult it would be to keep this place immaculate!

its ideal for a rainy or miserable day however its far better to let your kids run round in the fresh air... Because its a metal building it can be very stuffy depending on how busy it is. Admission prices are reasonable, cafe prices are certainly not and they don't really have a healthy option. There are designated areas for particular ages and loads to do and explore with gated areas to help keep kids safe. The large seating area in the middle seems to be the place where everyone dumps their belongings and then walk off... Not the safest option, i would much prefer a locker to keep my stuff in?

Overall.... Ok for a once in a while, define rainy day saver

Visited April 2014
“great for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I took my niece and her friend here- both aged 7. they really enjoyed it. honestly I didn't like how crowded it was. I expected it though, all the kids. it isn't my favourite place but I definitely was the best auntie in the world when I took Kim there.

Visited March 2014
Peterlee
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I have three children aged between 9-1 all three of my children love the funshack and visit quite regular. We have also just had my youngest's first birthday party here and it was brill our dedicated host went out her way to do everything for us and for once I had a party for one of my children that I too could enjoy rather than it been hectic and stressful.. If you havnt been here I highly recommend it whatever your child's age there sure to have a good time

Visited March 2014