“Top class food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sunderland
“Top class food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my wife went without a booking a were shown to a table straight away. The staff were very friendly & professional.

We ordered the food which was beautiful and well presented, the portions were generous.

Both of the starters were to die for and the mains were as equally as good and it was all washed down with a nice bottle of red and a couple of beers.

I have been to this restaurant a few times now and the food is always hot, very tasty and very reasonable too.

Would recommend this restaurant any time even for takeaway.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yeakut M, Manager at Sagar Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am glad that you have enjoyed, every time you have visited us.

sunderland
“Always 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Have been for both a take away and a meal in the restaurant and have never been disappointed , food always lovely and fresh, pleasant staff and not overbearing , definitely worth a try

Visited August 2013
Thank you very much for giving us a 5 star, also I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
Durham, United Kingdom
“An nice surprise.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife on a Sunday night at around 6.30pm. It was empty at first, with just to two of us until around 7.15. By 8pm the place was more or less full and the atmosphere was good. I ordered lamb tikka jal farazai and my wife had her usual chicken korma. Both meals were delicious and there was more than enough for both of us. My jal farazai came on a sizzling skillet, with a big plate of rice, as did my wife's. A garlic naan each and a portion of chips to share was more than enough for two of us. The waiters were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us. For our meal, a large coke and a bottle of double maxim it came to around £40, which wasn't too bad at all. Although we will most probably return to Sagar, it still isn't a patch on The Capital in Durham. This is by far the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yeakut M, Manager at Sagar Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, also happy that you joined us. I am really sorry, that the waiters were very attentive and couldn't do enough. We will make sure that doesn't happen again.
Seaham, United Kingdom
“Been back again meal very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Would go back good service well looked after,lots of car park space,easy to get to.very clean and good for a night out

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ryhope
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Its not often I complain about Indian food as it is usually a safe bet and hard to get wrong. I have ate here before and while it was never great, it was perfectly acceptable and edible. On my last visit to the restaurant the food quality had significantly deteriated to the point where it was almost inedible. Bland, tasteless and very oily curry with lamb that tasted more like tough beef. Waiter seemed uninterested in our comments regarding the meal and made no effort to rectify any of my issues. Very poor food and very average service means I will not be returning to or recommending this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013