“Surprise weekend away spoilt” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 Attractions in Marlow
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Surprise weekend away spoilt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Staff friendly but did not deliver the promised and organised items.Room lacked attention to detail regarding maintenance. Expect a bath to hold water....door handles came off i your hand and water poured into the hall outside the room through light fitting! Walking over wet towels was ridiculous....ordered room service and it didn't turn up.....

Visited March 2013

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Nice meal...but wine list needs to be reviewed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Service is nice and quick...starter and the main course - lovely...But wine i choose from the wine list,was not exactly,i have been served- 2 years difference ..../younger/,but the price been asked- the same...??
Why is that?
Only after my question- will i be charged the same price for a younger wine...waiter took time...but came back with a discount...
And why should I ask....I thought- it'll be the opposite...

Visited February 2013
London
20 attraction reviews
“My 50th birthday treat with wonderful friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ambiance, service, afternoon tea and view all excellent. If you are in the Marlow area a place to stop at without a doubt even if it is just to have a drink.

Visited February 2012
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“Overhyped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Feels like a place for the real rich. No atmosphere, expensive. Dead. Absolutely lacking in character.

Visited March 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
“The perfect spa day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My sister and I took my mum here for her 60th birthday. We couldn't get booked into our local spa, had this recommnded to us and we have no regrets.
We bought the day package for each of us. We didn't get their till 11.45 - annoyingly we could have got there earlier and used the gym/classes but the instructions had said get there for 12. We had an amazing 2 course lunch with a glass of champagne. We spent some time in the spa - it was tranquil, barely anyone else there. I then had an hour treatment - facial, back massage and hand massage. While I waited for my mum and sister I relaxed in the ladies only quiet room - on a lounger, under a duvet with chilled water! After my last disasterous spa day that was the furthest thing from relaxing as it was crammed with people and noise; this was heaven!
We finished the day off with a cocktail in the hotel bar - perfect! If you want to be indulged and spoilt this is the place to go - great value!

Visited May 2012