“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Glade End Guest House

You added Glade End Guest House to your Saves list
Glade End Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   2 Little Marlow Road | Glade End, Bucks, Marlow SL7 1HD, England   |
Announcement
Book Direct Here
Ranked #5 of 19 Marlow B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Devon
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

My partner and I together with my family were booked in as guests at the Glade End Guesthouse from 29th June until 2nd July as we were attending a wedding in the area.

The morning following our arrival we decided to go for a short walk and a bit of shopping in Marlow we then returned around 12.30pm to find the cleaner just finishing the cleaning of the room. We proceeded to get ready for the wedding, and it was at this point I was unable to find my GHD Straighteners which had been in my case the night before. When we left, the door was locked and secure which left us to believe they were obviously stolen by a staff member of the Guest House who were the only people to have access.

When the situation was brought to the attention of the management, there seemed to be a distinct lack of interest, so as you can appreciate I am absolutely appalled by the lack of concern or assistance given by the guesthouse.

I had no reason to doubt the honesty or integrity of the people who would have access to the room, therefore I did not feel the need to lock the cases and there was no safety deposit box available.

The incident caused upset to a weekend which should have otherwise, been a very happy occasion.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room Service, dishonesty and unhelpful staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TonyP7, Owner at Glade End Guest House, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
This matter was referred to our insurance company, and we apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

This place was very good. It was very, very clean and quite quaint. Very English. We stayed in the 75 Glade guest house. Sue was quite friendly and hospitable. The English breakfast was authentic. Parking is available on the cottage property and if you know the UK, parking is a premium. The town of Marlow is easy walking distance and we walked to town several times a day for Starbucks coffee and to the shops and unique restaurants. Marlow is on the Thames and very charming. The train station is also very, very close (walking distance) and the town is not too far from London. Only one train connection (Maidenhead) away. We would for sure stay with Sue again. Our room was small for 2 people, but we were not there very much...just to sleep, rest a bit, and shower.

Stayed June 2007
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Lovely, clean, classy b&b. Very quiet and peaceful.
The food was excellent and very tasty.

• Liked — clean and fresh smelling.
  • Disliked — Not having a double bedroom, - too late with the booking. Never mind.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

Had a morning appointment in Slough, but didn't fancy staying THERE! And Windsor was too pricy, so I cast the net a little further and looked at Marlow, and came across this place.

The owner, I think her name is Sue, was very pleasant, helpful and welcoming over the phone when I booked, and I was looking forward to it.

At £85 a night for single occupancy, I was expecting something above average anyway, and fortunately it didn't disappoint. I arrived late, so went straight to my room, located in a second house over the road.

The room was spacious and the bed very chunky and comfortable with plenty of pillows. Wall-to-wall carpeting gave the room a cosy feel, and the generous tea, coffee, hot chocolate making facilities were pleasing to see after the long journey.

The bathroom and separate WC were again very spacious and clean.

The only negatives were the lack of off-street parking (there is a small car park, but all the spaces were taken, although I had no problem parking on the road), and the walls in that second house are a little thin, and unfortunately it sounded as though my fellow housemates weren't in as much need of a good night's sleep as I was! Also, my room was directly above what seemed to be the owner's conservatory dining room, and they were dining rather loudly until 11.30pm. But even B&B owners have to live a little, I guess!

Finally, the best part, which was the breakfast. Cooked to perfection, it went down so well that I didn't even notice the lack of black pudding.

If I am over this way again, for sure I will be checking in to the Glade End.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

My partner, myself, my family and friends have just spent an excellent weekend at Glade End Guest House in Marlow to attend and celebrate my brother's wedding. The weekend was set to be one big party to enjoy, and Glade End perfectly complimented the character of the whole weekend. We were all impressed with the quality and comfort of Glade End, and the genuine desire by Sue and her staff to ensure that all our needs were fulfiled made our stay complete.

Many thanks Sue, I am sure we will all see you again.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2006

Very nice Guest House. Rooms are fantastic and always clean. The staff are very helpful. Breakfast very good.

Thank you for your compliments and helpful suggestions.

Been to Glade End Guest House? Share your experiences!