“Best hotel iv stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marlow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Best hotel iv stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner went away for the night and this was a perfect hotel for it, it was a beautiful day and the location was lovely, we sat outside on the patio and the waitress was very attentive, bar food was lovely and so was breakfast the only down side to the whole stay was the evening meal, the waiter was charming and attentive but the food just wasn't worth the money.
Our room was gorgeous and clean we got upgraded on arrival which was nice. The staff behind the desk were warming and friendly. Bed was very comfortable bath was huge and shower was very nice. Bathroom was really clean and we had lovely complimentary bath soaps etc. the pool and the sun lounge area were lovely, changing rooms were a bit grotty. Gym was fantastic and I had an Indian head massage by Camilla which was amazing and only 20 for 1h. I would 100% stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and found the Hotel 'perfect'. Thank you for your constructive comments regarding the food, I apologise that you found it expensive but am glad that this did not have a negative impact on the rest of your stay! I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your treatment in the Quad Club, I have passed your compliements onto Camilla, be assured that your specific mention of her, and the service she provided, will not go unnoticed and she will be recognised for her efforts.

Thank you again for such complementary feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
County Durham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for one night at the Crowne Plaza in Marlow and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
On arrival we were a little hesitant, as the hotel suffers from being set at the end of a long, narrow cul de sac right behind a very anonymous looking industrial estate. However, the hotel itself is modern stylish and above all, very welcoming.

It does suffer sowewhat from its isolation, in that, if you don't want to spend your evening using either the hotel's bar or restaurant, you need to take a taxi into Marlow, which will usually cost £10 - 14 for the round trip. That's what we did and we found Marlow itself had a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants.

Our room was fine. It was modern, clean and had a very good range of television channels available on the 42 inch television. The only downside was a very limited, low quality range of bathroom toiletries, which I felt, let the room and hotel down. It struck me as penny pinching, when everything else about the hotel was so modern and stylish.

We also used the hotel pool which was great and my wife is still talking about teh jacuzzi in the pool area, which was hot and very vigorous. She would have stayed in there for the duration of our stay if she'd had the option!

Overall though, we did enjoy the stay and I would recommend the hotel as being good value, despite its relative isolation. A good place to go if you're trying to get away from things.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. Your feedback helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your wife was particularly impressed by the jacuzzi. I am sorry that you found the range of toiletries available in the bedroom limited, I have passed this feedback onto the Housekeeping team.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in October for 2 nights. Really nice hotel in a quiet location, though might be tricky to find with SatNav. Parking is free and plenty of spaces, we arrived after 10.00 pm and there were free parking spaces. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Our room was clean with comfortable beds. There was a shower as well as a bath which was great. On a down side, a safe in our room was too small (couldn't put a laptop or DSLR camera, so left it with the staff at the reception) and safe's lock didn't work. We reported it and we're promised that it will be fixed. We were told that there is a play area for kids which turned out to be just a small space in the corner in the bar with a pile of toys. We didn't feel that it was suitable for our active 2 years old to run around and don't think that other people were happy when he was trying to run between tables. They do have a Room with PS and WII apparently but we didn't use it. We used a swimming pool in the morning and it lovely with dedicated kids pool, sauna, steaming room and hot tub outside. Though towels we were given in the pool were old and very thin. We had a dinner in the restaurant and felt that it was overpriced, but breakfast was great (good variety and plenty). Overall it was a pleasant stay mostly due to helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2012
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Hotel last month and that our staff provided a friendly and efficient service.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the Children’s Soft Play Area in Agua Bar, I am sorry that you felt the area was not suitable for your 2 year old. We do try and provide facilities for all age groups and pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel so I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the swimming pool. In respect to the state of the towels available in Quad Club, thank you for bringing this to my attention I have passed your feedback onto the Club Manager and I am positive it will be dealt with satisfactorily.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Hot Buffet Breakfast, and have passed your compliments on to the Kitchen Team. Please be assured that all your feedback will be discussed with the management team and the necessary steps will be taken to improve the areas that you highlighted.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I were bought a night away and we chose to stay here. Service exceptional; food fabulous and our room was equipped very well and extremely comfy. We did have a club room which gave us access to the club lounge (worth doing this if you can) - free booze and canapés between 6-8pm and free soft drinks all day. Michael, one of the waiters at the bar couldn't have been more courteous or helpful. I would question anyone's review that didn't match this review!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and considered all aspects of the Hotel were 'fabulous' and 'exceptional', it is always pleasurable to know when a guest has had a particularly good experience with us and I thank you for your comments. Please be assured that your particular mention of Michael whose service you considered both courteous and helpful has not gone unnoticed and he will be recognised for his efforts.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Warren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the crowne plaza. It's basically a holiday inn. No bellhop. Food is bad. Amenities are light. No bathrobe. No slippers no hair conditioner. Needs updating. Unfortunately you don't have many choices in Marlow

• Stayed November 2012
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was concerned to read your feedback, we always like to exceed our guests expectations however it is clear that on this occasion we were not successful. Thank you for bringing to our attention the lack of complimentary items in the bedrooms. These items are normally available and I am sorry that they were not provided on this occasion, I apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused you, and can assure you that if this had been brought to our attention at the time we would have done our best to provide you with them.

In respect to your comments regarding or furnishings, we do consider it an on going priority to keep the maintenance and general appearance of the Hotel fresh and up to date.

I do hope that despite these faults you will return to the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your custom and I can assure you that your feedback will be discussed with the management team and the necessary steps will be taken to improve the areas that you highlighted.

Hotel Adminstrator
Romsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Location for us was good. Room was lovely. Nice big comfy bed, Lovely linen. Nice loo with seperate shower and huge bath. Lovely big TV. Good view. Room not at all tired or weary. Breakfast was super. Great choices of all kinds of foods. Staff very nice and efficient. Nothing too much trouble.
Negatives - We had a bar meal which cost alot (£12.95) Steak Panini and fries! - Not that good. Sent it back and waited an age for its replacement, which was not much better. The bar was huge but was painted aubergine and therefore dark and unwelcoming. Needed a miners hat to find a table!!! The shower had mould in the ceiling and the Loo rolls were 100% cheap and nasty! Apart form that - a lovely weekend

Room Tip: king size bedroom worth a little extra
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and you found the bedroom both comfortable and well appointed; and our staff friendly and efficient in their service. However your comments regarding the state of shower did cause concern and I can assure you the matter has been investigated, we pride ourselves on extremely high standards of maintenance and I thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

In regards to your comments about the bar, I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused by your order, I hope that the replacement panini was satisfactory and that this did not impede on your stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the decor of the bar, I am sorry that you found it 'dark and unwelcoming', I can assure you that this is not the impression we wish to present!

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay, please be assured that it has been discussed with the management team and the necessary steps have been taken to ensure improvement in the areas you highlighted. I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

dudley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here at the weekend and used the hotel as a base for visiting windsor, 15/20 minutes drive away. The hotel is in a lovely location over looking a lake. It is reached through an industrial estate but when you are at the hotel it is a country side setting.
Our room was very large & sumptuous with seperate shower cubicle and large bath. There was a very large tv, desk area, mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and free in room safe. The room was spot lesslt clean as was all of the hotel.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment but we did share a platter in the bar which was very good value. The bar did lack a bit of atmosphere for a Saturday night as most of the guests were attending one of two functions.
Breakfast on Sunday morning was fabulous with just about everything you could ask for.
We did not use the leisure facilities although the pool and out door hot tub looked lovely.
Our stay was complementary as we had won it as a prize in a raffle for Troop Aid.
So thank you for a lovely stay & thank you even more for supporting such a worth while charity.

• Stayed November 2012
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the bedroom amenities comfortable and spacious. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening platter in Agua Bar and the Hot Buffet Breakfast on the Sunday morning.

i do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!