Second stay in hotel and consistent with attentive, friendly staff. The rooms are large and plush. We were on the top floor and although views to the hotel car park the rooms made up for it. Huge beds. And nice seating area. Large clean bathroom. We had breakfast and one of the best hotel breakfast had. W had dinner on one night but found it quiet pricey. And draughty as next to the window, plus it was Feb! Although it provides a gym... The gym is about a 10min walk through town in the local sports centre. It is an excellent location and setting on the river. The restaurant looks over to the bridge and weir which looks beautiful. A very enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, two AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow