“Strange Place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Figueres
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Strange Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean and quiet, with a pretty good breakfast. The Salvador Dali decor was strange, of course.

Worst, I noticed that another customer was charged the price, including tax, that I was charged not including tax. When we stopped in to get a rate quote, I neglected to ask if this was tax inclusive. So we got charged an additional 12 Euros. This is a bit shady if not downright unethical. I guess I should have put up a stink.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with windows overlooking the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Such a welcome change from the modern formula hotels,this is an establishment with real character and style! Impeccably clean with helpful friendly staff, this hotel is a real find for anyone who wants to experience a traditional Spanish hotel, and we really appreciated our excellent value for money one night stay when visiting the nearby Dali museum. The hotel is ideally located for such a visit, with free overnight parking in the hotel car park opposite (there is also a secure hotel garage at 8 euros a night). There is free efficient wi-fi in the lobby although it's shame there is none in the bedrooms. On the down side, the airconditioning in our room was noisy, and did not produce much cool air at all - the fan provided made even made noise to little effect. Nonetheless we intend to return in the autumn, and next time will try the restaurant which several guests told us was excellent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I made the reservation based on my colleagues oppinion, and the day before arrival I checked TripAdvisor findings.. I got frightened! I came here thinking is gonna be a battle engagement, but it proved to be one excellent experience. The hotel is very clean, personnel friendly, speaking English (for me one important clue), ready to support any request and with one outstanding order choice, both in bar and restaurant. I should be more precise: I live in Madrid dealing my bussiness, and coming in Figueres for a week time, the level of prices also was a pleasant surprise.. for half price you can get double service in any regard you want to nominate. I inquired the possible source of two unhappy former customers and I found that indeed, the renovation program is still on-going on upper levels. My room was refurnished one and for 50 EUR I got 3+ stars quality. In Madrid you can't find hostals for this money. Also is not mentioned, the hotel offer free of charge wifi internet, the location is very central, still connected to the main exit avenue, within walking distance from Dali Museum ( by the way, the most visited Spanish Museum). All in one, paraphrasing another turist form the site, "Do yourself a favor: be happy and save money in probably the best hotel in Fugueres!"

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I chose this hotel because the Frommer's guide called it the "most sought after hotel in the area". To their credit, the hotel was clean. Thats where their credit ends. The hotel was decorated in a bizarre (almost scary) early 70's plastic decor, The bed spreads were frightening (think Shag carpet bedding), the furniture was haphazard, the bathroom put the Bates Motel to shame and the doors (if you can call them that) to the Balcony were stuck shut. To put it lightly, I moved the chair in front of the door when I went to sleep because I wasn't entirely sure that I 1. Wasn't going to get robbed or 2. wasn't going to get murdered. If this was the nicest hotel in the area, then STAY IN BARCELONA (1.5 hours away). My experience was absolutely horrific, and the thought of having to ever return to this hotel scares me half to death. I would rather sleep in a dumpster (its probaly safer). Please, do yourself a favor, DONT STAY HERE.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Hotel President? Share your experiences!