“Museum is Great, but Some Stuff I Wish I Could Forget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dali Theatre-Museum (Teatro-Museo Dali)

Dali Theatre-Museum (Teatro-Museo Dali)
Placa de Gala-Dali 5, E 17600 Figueres, Spain
34 972 677 500
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Dali Theatre-Museum (Teatro-Museo Dali) like an insider
Private Tour
$299*
and up
Private Tour: Salvador Dali Museum at Figueres...
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Figueres
More attraction details
Owner description: Instituted in 1974, this museum was built on the remains of the former Figueres Theater, and features a broad range of works of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989.)
“Museum is Great, but Some Stuff I Wish I Could Forget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

This museum was very well done (probably because Dali did most of it himself). I'm not an art buff and I mostly wanted to go because I remember seeing the crazy dreamscape type paintings in history classes - the pg-13 stuff. What I wasn't expecting was the hallway of drawings with fantastical creatures and random phalluses ejaculating into their own or somebody else's mouth. It will take me awhile to get those out of my head. So...probably not a great pick for kids old enough to notice that type of thing.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bray, Ireland
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

Having been a fan of Dali was fantastic to see such a large collection of his work through the ages. Icing on cake being the jewellery collection which I found breathtaking.Went on May Day so queue long, advisable to book in advance or go early. Bonus of Labour day was fantastic street market, live musicians & circus

Essex, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

I love Dali so that made it a good place - difficult to see everything because when we went it was full of school parties and I got the impression that a lot of the young people were not that interested in Dali and that made it less enjoyable for me - we were jostled quite a bit when we were being passed by large groups - You are not allowed to eat or drink on the premises and after 3 hours I needed a drink - you can go out and come back in same day

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Exciting museum but little crowd control”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

We were here on October 2nd in the morning, and initially the place wasn't too crowded. Then 2 tour buses pulled up and disgorged loads of Russian or Ukrainian tourists, and it became hard to move on the upper floors. The works span Dali's life and the collection is really interesting, but it became hard to see the works or even to pass by in the hallways, with the numbers of people that were in the building. It spoiled the viewing of the pictures. We would return but at a less popular time of day (if there is such a thing).

Visited October 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
42 attraction reviews
“Talent behind all of the Quirkiness!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

I stopped here because we were passing by the town and felt we should see it because I wasn't likely to be in this area again. My husband is the one who appreciated it more than me! Dali certainly had talent and fun with art. I would have liked to see the art moving; but not enough to put money in the box. No one else put coins in either. With the price of admission, one should not have to pay extra to see the art move! I am glad I saw the museum to understand him a little bit; but I do not need to go again. We stayed a little over an hour and made sure we saw the jewelry exhibit which is a separate building. Make sure you see this, I was impressed with some of his jewelry designs.