We were on a family vacation a group of 6 adults and 2 children, and here is my observation about the hotel:
Hotel & Rooms:
The hotel was below average for us, rooms from inside was fine with modern, simple and comfortable design, however, rooms view was awful, part of the rooms are overlooking to a local bazar with a lot of noise, some other rooms have the hotel's air-conditions view and the others have a view to the hotel's walking path that makes it so hard to open the window or curtains because it does not allow for any privacy.
As per the hotel team "There is limited amount of rooms with good view, but they are offered to long staying guests" so if you are looking for a one or couple of weeks relaxing stay this is the correct address that you need to aim for.
- Internet is NOT really free, you get 500 mb only on check-in and then you need to pay for a full access, it's also NOT available in all rooms, so if you are far away from the reception you don't have coverage
- Good location: Hotel located 15 min walking away from beach.
- There was no entertainment activities during the day.
Reception Team: I had few points that gave me the "lack of professionalism" feeling as well as they were not so nice to the guests - the points are:
1) Honesty issue: One of our rooms was extremely bad, so when we asked to change it the answer was the hotel is running a full occupancy for the next 5 days and won't be able to change it, however, when we contacted our tour operator on the next day they agreed to change it immediately, so in reality they had several options.
2) During the room changing process we've been escorted with a team member to see and select one room out of two that they are going to show, we decide on one and went back to reception to confirm our option, but unfortunately they refused to give it to us, they said it was occupied (but we didn't see in luggage inside it), so the question why you've shown they room if it was occupied? So we accepted the other one but it was also occupied (as per them - again we didn't see any luggage in the room) - So we offered another two rooms and we finally made it here.
3) I asked a receptionist about the meals and snacks times since it was an "all inclusive" hotel, I got the following:
You can get meal during these times only
Breakfast: 07 - 10
Lunch: 12 - 14:30
Dinner: 18 - 21
Out of these times there is not food served
I was surprised, as in all inclusive hotels guests can get food any time during the day.
And when I tried to say this is not all inclusive, this is Full Board meal plan, I got an answer "Check with your Tour Operator, this is what we have" in a rude way.
4) One day I forgot my key in the room, so I went to reception to get a new one, so when I said that I forgot my key in the room I've got a "DO NOT DO IT AGAIN" look. At the same time I had a security issue here as I was only asked to give the room number and my name to get access to my room, noting the during the day we always see the house keeping trolleys with a full rooming lists that shows room numbers and names, so it is so easy to access any room you want in the hotel.
5) I called the reception to asked how I can call the other room, the answer that I got is "I don't know, try 6 before the room number and if I didn’t work call us again" didn’t bother to check for me and give me a call back with an accurate answer
Overall guests doesn't feel welcomed and the staff helping only because they have to.
House Keeping Team: Was nice and polite
Restaurant team: Few of them are nice, but most of them weren’t really polite to guests as I had these points:
1) Live cooking chefs feel bad when you ask for special preference (for example well-done meet).
2)You don't feel welcomed if you came one hour before the closing time, as we've been told several times that it is too late to come for dinner, as we came at 8 pm and they close at 9 pm.
- The most annoying thing in restaurant is the ventilation system is too bad, as we smell food every time we have meal there and the outside tables are so limited, so they are booked most of the time.
- Wrong descriptions: we faced wrong meal descriptions several times,
Vegetarian Lasagna was cooked with meet (beef & pork mixed).
Nugget Chicken: Was fish
-Shrimp dish: Is placed once and not refreshed when it is over
- Juices are not available on Lunch or dinners, soda options only.
- Lack of fresh vegetables in all meals, especially during the breakfast.
In general we didn't have good and nice experience at the hotel, we are not willing to repeated and definitely not recommending this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Adonis Hotel Villas Fanabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adonis Resorts Castalia Brezos Hotel Adeje
- Adonis Hotel Castalia Park
- Adonis Hotel Adeje
- Adonis Hotel Villas Fanabe Tenerife/Adeje