On arrival after booking this holiday 12 months in advance we was told they had overbooked & was being sent to another hotel until the next day, baring in mind this was New Year's Eve aswell!!! This rubbish start to our holiday summed up the rest of our stay here.
On booking we was told we had full use of the sister hotel across the road Isla Bonita with entertainment and children's clubs etc, and could also eat and drink over there with our all inclusive bands, only to find out once we got there the two hotels had now separated!! Meaning the only thing they have for children was the pools! No entertainment, nothing for the children, and a choice of two restaurants, which one of them I wouldn't feed my dog the food they put out! The other wasnt too pleasant either, with the food cold & very dry & the same foods every day with little change and they certainly didn't cater for the English. Infact we was the only English family there along with another family towards the end. Needless to say we had to eat out on several occasions.
As for snacks etc inbetween where most hotels have snack bars with burgers etc our snacks were a plate of left over crusty croissants put out on the bar at around 4pm left over from breakfast, or a cheese & pickle on a stick!
The few days that we did decide to have a day by the pool were ruined by the sound of hammers, drills & constant banging from workmen, the place was a mess like a building site especially on the walkway back to our room, we were made to walk under ladders, thru muddy thilthy floors.
The rooms were awful, apparently they had more modern rooms over the other side but the room we got given was horrendous! And for the price we paid for a family of 6 for two rooms was disgusting! And considering being turned away on the first night you would have thought a better room would have been offered for compensation, but no nothing. Handles we're falling off doors, the rooms were infested with ants, to which we were just given a spray to do it ourself! The showers were cold, towel rails fell off the wall, the floors were manky, window frames were rotting wood, this was in both our rooms as we had two apartments between us, then towards the end of our stay when it rained one of our rooms flooded!!! Abit of rain & the room had a passing river running through it! Through the front door right through to the balcony!!!! No warning of this prior to which they obviously knew this happens when it rains because of how bad the room flooded!!!
The staff were lovely I will say that, but the life guard knew very little English which didn't help when my sons hand was sliced open in the pool & pouring with blood, he did clean it up, but never once got in the pool to check out what it was that actually cut my sons hand open !
Overall this hotel was a joke! I wouldn't recommend it at all to families, English or anyone in that matter! Unless you like crap food, staying on a building site, no entertainment, unsafe pools & dirty broken run down rooms then this is the place for you! Thanks Adonis for ruining our holiday :)
- Also Known As:
- Adonis Resorts Castalia Brezos Hotel
- Adonis Resorts Castalia Brezos Hotel Adeje
- Adonis Hotel Castalia Park
- Adonis Hotel Adeje
- Adonis Resorts Castalia Brezos Tenerife/Adeje
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castalia Park is a "villa" style apartment complex. It features a main swimming pool with two waterfalls pouring into 2 lateral pools. The Castalia apartments feature: • Bedroom with 2 single beds, wardrobe and dressing table.• Fully-equipped bathroom.• Kitchen with fridge, 3-hob stove, coffeemaker and oven.• Sitting room with sofa bed, satellite TV and telephone with outside line.• Small veranda or balcony with set of table and chairs.SERVICES AND ACTIVITIESLos Brezos is a splendid apartment complex combining Canary and Greek architectural styles. This two-storey compound is an oasis of peace with an excellent service offered by its friendly staff. This will be an unforgettable holiday! Los Brezos apartments have:• Bedroom with 2 single beds, wardrobe and dressing table• Fully-equipped bathroom• Kitchen with fridge, coffeemaker and oven • Sitting room with sofa bed, satellite TV and telephone with direct outside line • Veranda or balcony with set of table and chairsThe ideal spot to relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere • We offer our sporty guests a freshwater swimming pool with its attached baby pool • Snack bar, deckchairs and sunshades, as well as sauna and Jacuzzi Our sports facilities include:• Tennis• Squash• Billards• Fitness centre Our pool bar is bound to be the best place to make friends! Our bar stocks a wide selection of soft drinks, beers and spirits, and also serves delicious snacks, pizzas and regional dishes. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. For dinner, our buffet restaurant will delight you with its wide range of delicious dishes. Enjoy the family atmosphere and exquisite menu every day. Open daily from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. Breakfast is a great way to start the day, with fresh fruit and a wide variety of breakfast foods. Open daily from 8 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. Come with us and enjoy a pleasant stay!With a homey flair, the apartments are spacious, comfortable and full of light. The have a bedroom with dressing table and wardrobe, a fully-equipped bathroom, sitting room with sofa bed and armchair, kitchen with appliances and a small veranda or balcony. All apartments have satellite TV and telephone with direct outside line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Adonis Resorts Castalia Brezos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.