I am Platinum on Starwood and Diamond on Hilton, so I stay in a lot of hotels but that is mainly due to work. This was holiday.
The hotel is about 10 years old, odd that it isn't on the internet satelite pictures but I guess that just shows how out of date they are.
The staff are very good, all very helpful and nice to deal with. The hotel has a relaxed feel to it, perfect for a holiday. I stayed with my wife, and due to our kids growing up we have just switched from villas to resort hotels. This was a nice surprise.
The basics, the hotel has two main pools, a large heated freshwater pool and a larger cooler seawater pool. In addition, the freshwater pool has an additional shallower pool above it, and the seawater pool has a large freshwater jacuzzi on an island in the centre. The kids club, which seems to offer all day stuff to do also had a small pool for young children.
Food. The hotel has a large buffet restaurant that I guess is meant to cater for customers on food included packages, but anyone can use it. The menu changed everyday for 7 days. The one day I looked (the BBQ day) it looked pretty decent. In addition it has a Japanese restaurant open 5 nights a week, which we tried to eat in, but it was full (our fault, the desk told us to book) and a Spanish place which was shut for renovation for some of our stay so we didn't try. There is also a bar by the seawater pool, which serves bar food (pizza, sandwiches etc) and a restaurant that serves Spanish style lunches. Being a Brit a full blown Spanish lunch is a bit much at lunch time, but the food was good and it was a shame it wasn't open in the evening. One night it was, for a Flamenco evening to be completely correct.
However, the hotel is very close to many outside places to eat. A couple of minutes walk away is a small complex with two restaurants, a bar serving pretty decent cheap food and a supermarket. Caleta Village is ten minutes walk down the beach or 15 walking by road or a very cheap taxi. It has about 10 places to eat, some highly rated, We tried two both were decent.
If you walk the other way towards the big resorts down the "prom" within 20 mins you pass a lot of places to eat, some bars and shops, including a designer mall. Which is the same as any other designer mall really.
So the location is very good I thought. Beaches......well I guess no one comes to Tenerife for a beach hoilday, but there is a pretty sad beach about two minutes walk from the hotels lower entrance, and a half decent one about five minutes away. The bars etc above the beach are all very tasteful.
The rooms, they appear to be all different, we had an upgrade room on a high floor, but I was told the stuff in the rooms was pretty much the same by other guests. Well equipped large bathroom, two sinks, separate shower, bath in bathroom, separate toilet. The bedroom was a nice size, with a kettle and coffee maker and a poorly stocked automatic minibar. Apparently the rooms had previously had fridges for guest use. But these had gone. Ice machines were available though, and the bar was not outrageously expensive for a five star. Our room had a balcony with two sun beds, two chairs, a parasol and a table. This was not the same for all rooms though so check when booking. In fact always e-mail the hotel and see exactly what you are going to get. The staff were very helpful. After midnight it was pretty quiet, but this isn't a raver type of place. Mostly couples and people with older children, but it changes depending on time of year. We had people from UK, Spain, Germany, Russia and a few other places (even some Chinese) but it was the end of Euro school summer holidays, and even though the hotel was 70% full (I asked) that was the lowest season. The following week it was full. Mind you, at 70% it wasn't exactly crowded. I suspect you would never need to fight for sunbeds.
The hotel had an exec lounge which my status got us access to. This provided cocktails in the evening and some stuff during the day. The cocktails included draft beer, wine and spirits along with some decent snacks. One family seemed to be eating their evening meal in there. You need to check whether your room includes access, as some upgrade rooms seem to offer it only as an extra. So check.
I think the hotel is nicely designed. it is quite spread out, but has lifts at different points so you don't need to walk back to reception to get to the pools etc.
We would stay again and I hope we do. Very nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the exclusive resort area of Costa Adeje, Sheraton La Caleta is surrounded on one side by dramatic mountains and on the other by the blue Atlantic Ocean. Offering direct access to the coast-line promenade, the resort is a few minutes' walk from the beautiful beaches of Tenerife and its water sports. The Canarian Archipelago enjoys an exceptional climate of 23ºC all year round. This, in combination with Tenerife's remarkable natural habitat, makes the hotel a peaceful and relaxing destination for a wide variety of travellers. The resort has 284 bright and spacious rooms all with spectacular views of the Ocean from their private terraces, including 20 premium Suites. A well-deserved rest will be found in our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. Guests take time to sample the delights of our 4 restaurants and 2 bars, and savour the variety offered at our El Parador buffet restaurant; taste authentic Japanese specialties in Kamakura restaurant; get to know the best of Spanish cuisine at La Venta restaurant or indulge in a light Mediterranean lunch by the pool at Vivace. Families enjoy fun-filled adventures within the hotel's 18.000 Square meters of subtropical gardens and terraces, magnificent sea-water pool and 2 fresh-water heated pools. The hotel offers a new sport center facility, Padel and tenis coursts and the reknown Spa Eutonos and 24h Sheraton fitness gym. Whether guests are looking for a peaceful relaxing vacation or a fun-filled family getaway, our hotel's mission is to allow them to make warm long-lasting memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood EMEA, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort And Spa
- Sheraton La Caleta Hotel Adeje
- Sheraton Adeje
- La Caleta Tenerife
- Adeje Sheraton
- Sheraton Tenerife
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa Tenerife/Adeje