“Super Sun Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Sun Beach

You added Sol Sun Beach to your Saves list
Sol Sun Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Londres N03, 38660 | Playa Fañabé, 38660 Adeje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Adeje
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super Sun Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The sun terrace is fantastic and the views out to the sea are beautiful. It was
possible to stay there soaking up the sun's rays until well after 6:00 pm in late March - amazing. We'll definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

DirectorTenerife, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mrs. Patricia,

I must thank you very much for the time you have taken in writing this review and share your experience in Sol Sun Beach with other possible travelers. Your satisfaction is my main priority so I am really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we have fulfiled with your expectations and needs.

Furthermore, you should know that I keep at your disposal for anything I may help for your next visit and I can gurantee you that I will do my best for you to get another lovely day.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nice hotel with basic rooms, but pool was gorgeous and the bar was good. Location was the best, right on the front. We didn't eat there as there were lots of cheap and not so cheap eateries on the beach front.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

DirectorTenerife, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear client,

I must thank yu very much for your cooperation in writing this review and having shared your experience in Sol Sun Beach hotel with other possible travellers. Your satisfaction is my main aim so I am really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the service received.

Furthermore, I do hope you can be able to visit us again in the future and I would like to let you know that I am at your disposal to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for Christmas and new year, the staff were friendly and the apartment was clean. The apartment was shaded I didn't want to be moved because we enjoyed the quiet area. We are coming back for a month from the 28th April and would appreciate a sunny patio/balcony. Looking forward to our next visit.
Mary Keith and Janet Woodward.

Room Tip: Excellent location for a beach holiday
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DirectorTenerife, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much you kind words about the service received in Sol Sun Beach hotel and let you know that I am really pleased to know that you are coming back once again.

Furthermore, you should know that I will be at your disposal to make your stay as comfortable as possible and you can always contact me for anything you may need and I will do my best for your satisfaction.

Finally, I am looking forward to welcoming you on 28th and attend you personally.

Adeje
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were staying at the hotel for one week and got a room with a terrace towards the pool. It was a really nice pool area with a relax atmosphere, and it seems always to have some free sun beds. The room was fair enough and cleaned every day. Well worth the spent money.

The only things we were missing were dishwashing liquid, dish brush, cloth and towel in the kitchen which we don't had brought with us. When we got to bed we discover slight noice in the room that could come from a close by fan or motor. We didn't found the source of it but slept well.

The staff were really friendly and serviceminded. I once asked for an addtional table to our terrace for the next day, because we intend to invite some friends for lunch. 'No problem' the reception clerk said with a smile. When we came back to our room later the same evening it was delivered!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

DirectorTenerife, Responsable relations publiques at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for the time you have taken in writing this review and sharing your experience with other possible travellers. You should know that your satisfaction is my main priority and I am very pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay in Sol Sun Beach Apartments.

Furthermore, on the name of all the staff, I must thank you very much for your kind words about the service received and their efforts. We always try to do our best for our clients and it is really nice to know that we have fulfilled most of your expectations on this occasion.

On the other hand, I must inform that our client's opinions are of the greatest importance for us in order to improve our Quality Service, so I also thank you for having informed me about the deficiencies you noticed during your stay. The Management and Quality Department will analyse all the points you mention on your review and take the pertinent corrective measures.

Finally, I do hope you visit us once again in the near future and have the opportunity to attend you personally. I can guarantee you that I will be at your disposal to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here for 12 nights in March 2013 in a studio room. We booked direct through Melia Hotels. On arrival we had difficulty finding the entrance so a sign pointing to reception would been a good idea and have saved us walking all round the perimeter. The entrance is actually on the street round the corner. When we did find our way in we were told that they did not have a sea view studio as booked and could only offer us a "side sea view" studio for the first 4 nights of our stay. This was annoying and really you could only see the sea if you went to the very edge of the balcony and craned your neck round. We were given a 20 euro reduction for those nights and put up with it. The studios are all quite spacious with good cooking facilities and cleaned every day. The fridge would have benefited from an ice box so we could have ice cubes. There was fan cooling system but as we were there in March we did not need it. Our sea view apartment was identical and had a good view if marred by satellite dishes. The balconies are a great size with tables and chairs.
The layout is unusual with corridors which were partly open to the sky and with little gardens outside each apartment.All public areas were tidy and well kept.
The pool is on the roof and was well laid out with plenty of sunbeds. There is also a poolbar and a bar in reception but we did not really use either as there were so many to choose from nearby. Cannot comment on the restaurant because again we did not use it.
You have to pay a 20 euro deposit for remote control TV and also have to pay to use the safe. A big bugbear was no free wifi and having to pay 4 euros an hour just to use it in reception. Not good enough these days. However there were plenty bars nearby with free wifi who got our custom. The Garden bar was good with friendly owners and free wifi and sport etc.
The hotel is perfectly located for the esplanade, beach and town centre. You can walk along all the way to Los Chrsitianos in one direction and La Calleta in the other. Plenty variety of restaurants to choose from and there is a handy supermarket at the top of the road.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in Block B for a sea view and try to get floor 4 or 2.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DirectorTenerife, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear client,

First of all, I must thank you very much for you kind cooperation in writing this review and sharing your experience in Sol Sun Beach hotel with other possible travellers. Your satisfaction is my main priority so I am really pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Furthermore, I would like to let you know how much we appreciate that you have informed us about the deficiencies you have detected. In Sol Sun beach we really consider our client's opnions as we do believe that they are very useful to help us to improve our Quality Service.

On the other hand, I must kindly ask you to accept my most sincere apologies for the incidence you had on your arrival. I am analysing all the points you mention on your review and I can guarantee you that we willl take the pertinent corrective measures in order to avoid this kind of situations.

Finally, I do hope I can have the possibility to welcome you again to Sol Sun Beach hotel in the future and offer you my best personal attention.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Booked this for my 50th what a bad mistake that was got there to fined they had me booked in for MARCH 2015, weeks before my wife and mother in law had emailed them to ask for top floor with sea view as it was a special occasion. The staff attitude was as if they did not care at all however in fairness they did fined us a room bottom floor and when you went outside it was almost next to the pavement with a sea view if you put your head around the wall.WE STAYED 1 NIGHT.Breakfast was cold and for 2 beers not even pints 6 euros good job I booked with a decent independent travel agent who got things sorted out in the end.
Read my Review in Hotel Live La Nina WOW

Dear client,

I must thank you very much for you having taken some of your valuable time to let us know about your stay in Sol Sun Beach hotel. Moreover, it is also very important for us you know that I am really disappointed to know that we have not been able to fulfil your expecations and needs and I really regret you did not feel confortable. I kindly ask you to accept my most sincere apologies.

Furthermore, you should know that we do take in account your opinion and the Management and Quality Department are anaylsing your comments and taking the possible corrective measures in order to offer our clients a good Quality Service.

Finally, I do hope this bad experience does not deter you from choosing our company in the future and you continue having trust in Melia Hotels Interntional.

Quality manager
Halesowen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend in Sept 2013 for one week self catering.

We wanted:

1. An affordable hotel on the beachfront so we dont have to walk far to the beach

2. A landscaped pool (Not a boring rectangular one like at my local swimming baths!)

3. Where we were lilkey to get decent SUNNY weather in September

4. No more than 4/5 hours from the UK

We got all the above with this hotel :-)

It is basic, and does need some tlc here and there, but it was clean and functioned well for us.

We didnt really have much to do with the staff as we were self catering, and off out most of the time.

It was very quiet when we were there in September which we loved!

Pool was very quiet with subtle pool music which was nice. It had a very shallow end that gradually got deeper so you could sunbathe in the water which was a must for me!!! The pool bar did snacks, fries, burgers and cocktails.

There are lots of places to eat right on your doorstep, and bars, although no where in walking distance to have a dance, so if youre after this you may want to go elsewhere.

If you like interacting with animals, a must visit is the Moneky Park, (Short taxi ride away from the hotel) you can walk through enclosures with ring tailed leumers and other little monkeys, and feed/stroke them. This was the highlight of my trip!!! Its not a huge place, and gets overshadowed and out advertised by larger more costly attractions, but for me this was far better than just looking at animals through the glass.

The three beaches next to the hotel were ok, but busy with lots of people, not quiet beaches at all and two were darker sand.

The only negatives for me were:

1. The hotel complex opposite had a singer/entertainer on till around midnight each night which did keep me awake some nights, but this isn't the fault of the hotel.

2. The shower room we had use of on our day of departure was awfull, it was very hot in there, very smelly, very small with just one shower and very dark as the light was out, Showering in here wasnt easy or nice but I didnt find this out untill I came to use it so had no choice really.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DirectorTenerife, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Sun Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear client,

Fisrt of all, I must thank you very much for your cooperation and for having written this review. Furthermore, I am very pleased to know that we have fulfilled most of your needs and expectations, and you have enjoyed your stay in Tenerife.

Moreover, you should know that in Sol Sun Beach, we really appreciate the feedback of our clients in order to identify our weak points and improve our Quality Service. It is very important for me you to know that we do take in account all the items you mention on your review and we will work on them in order to offer our clients the service they deserve.

Finally, I do hope you can visit us in the future and have the opportunity to attend you personally.

Yours sincerely,
Quality Manager

Been to Sol Sun Beach? Share your experiences!