Just returned from a week holiday with my wife and 16 month old son, staying at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje. We booked through Cosmos and flew with Monarch. No problems whatsoever and would definitely book with them again - very competitive price.
In short, the hotel comprises of two separate elements, these being the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje (4* apartment hotel) and the Bahia Principe Tenerife (5* suite hotel). For the avoidance of doubt, whichever one you choose to book you have full use of all available facilities..
Unlike every other review i am not going to repeat the same info but just highlight the positives and negatives of the holiday, in our opinion:
- Very clean hotel with a reasonable level of facilities.
- Swimming pools superb and divided into 3 elements: (1) children’s pool, (2) main centre double sized pool and (3) lower level double sized pool accessed via a number of steps only..
- Plenty of sub-beds, so long as you are there before say 9:00am
- Good sized rooms and balcony
- Free mini-bar, albeit you only have two cans of beer, 3 can of soft drink and two bottles of water. Stocked daily;
- Buffet restaurant was very good, with a wide variety of food. It was not particularly repetitive.
- Remote location, although if like us you are looking for a relaxing hotel based break it does not really matter.
- Hotel is morealess a cliff top location, and slopes downwards (very steeply) from the main reception to the sea front. Not ideal for some.
- Getting to and from your room to either the main buffet, reception or spa is like a maze, mainly due to the sloping nature of the complex. As such, plenty of hills to climb or various numbers of lifts to navigate with.
- The tiled floor covering around the swimming pool areas is slip hazard, particularly when wet. Notwithstanding the fact there are various warning signs to this effect it should be re-titled accordingly. We witnessed countless accidents, even round the children’s pool area. Of all places we would expect appropriate covering there.
- Beds in the hotel rooms are S***. Two single beds pushed together and the mattress and pillars were far from comfortable. They need updating, and the rooms would benefit from some decorative works.
- 3 ala-carte restaurants - if you can get in them that is. Book as soon as you arrive.
- Although the hotel bar facilities (3 in total) were good, they are sparse and some distance away from one another. For example, if you want an ice cream you can only get it from one bar, that is to the furthest point from the reception within the lower level pool area. Bit annoying if you bathing by the children’s pool.
- No real service at the hotel. It is pretty much help yourself. Fine with us but maybe not so for others.
- Beach - no real beach here at all, apart from a rugged beach with plenty of rocks leading to the sea. Don't bother going.
- I found some of the staff at the hotel to be unpleasant, miserable and lacked any form of people experience.
- Hotel shop - OVER PRICED is all i can say. To put this into context, Baby Spoon: c£9, Baby Dummy: £7, Pack of Crisps: £1.20, Ice Cream (twix): £3.............
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel Adeje
- Bahia Principe Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Costa Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Bahia Principe Costa
- Adeje Bahia Costa Principe
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Hotel Tenerife
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahia Principe Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.