We went via Thomas Cook over Christmas 2013 for a weeks break as a group of 13 ranging from a 1 year old to a 74 year old.
Overall we has a great chill out week, greatly enhanced by the weather which we were told was the best they had seen in the last 10 years. I would imagine that should you not get the weather then even a week would be a bit boring as there is simply nothing close by or anything else to do as the hotel is isolated (like many have already said).
A few minor negatives which I think if you know about before you go you can deal with them and see if they are an issue for you personally.
- Slow check in, the reception staff seem to struggle as holiday makers arrive
- Some issues with seating in the restaurant (probably as we were a large group).
- Lots of people had issues with the key cards not letting you in the room without making several attempts and when technicians arrived they had no proper fix
- It is on an incline and could be hard for the less mobile
- the hotel is isolated
- the gym is useless and wants all new equipment
- the heated pool is very very busy as the other pool & Jacuzzi are freezing
- the plastic cups (vending machine style) are too small so take a couple of your own
- It wasn't made to be very Christmassy other than one xmas tree
- on several occasions it was difficult to get seats around the bar area after dinner
The above said, we had a great time, would we go again...YES, would we recommend it... Yes.
The hotel is spotless, the food excellent, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, efficient and comfortable (though the swing saloon style doors to the toilet need to go and the old TV's need changing).
You can get a taxi for a reasonable price to Las Americas / Los Christianos.
A great feature is the serve yourself shorts, beer and cava...no waiting for bar staff
The positives outway the negatives so if you can cope with the few niggles like we did, book it and enjoy your stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools 1 children's pool, 1 outdoor pool Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas 1 Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel) Towel service (prior deposit required) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym Access to the squash court, tennis courts and mini-golf at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel Golf course at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel WiFi (additional charge) 4 restaurants 3 Bars Meeting and convention rooms Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 478 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Ceiling fan Air conditioning Balcony or terrace Bathroom: bath tub, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar Bathroom amenities WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: hydromassage bath tub, sofa-bed, sitting area, telephone in the bathroom Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Porter service Covered car park Laundry Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Selection of dishes for vegetarians, celiacs and diabetics (prior notification required) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bahia Principe Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel Adeje
- Bahia Principe Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Costa Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Bahia Principe Costa
- Adeje Bahia Costa Principe
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Hotel Tenerife