“Lovely food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
suffolk
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

the food is amazing here and the waiters really make you feel welcome, we went here 3 times and the food was always good and lots of it!

Visited September 2012

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“july 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very very friendly. They have a little man who stands outside to greet you. He is so funny, but very helpful.(My hubby had sunburn and he gave us some Aloe Vera to heal). Food is very good and they also have a very talented singer there.

Visited July 2012
newcastle
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Basic Italian fare,mainly pizza,lasagna and other pasta dishes.Nothing out of the ordinary.7 to 10 euros for main courses

Visited April 2012
Tenerife
“Had to go out for take away afterwards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Was recommended this hotel by a friend. Location of the restaurant could be better, being next to the 'red light disctrict' of Las Americas you would easily give it a miss. Was therefore pleasantly surprised by the lovely decoration and cosy atmosphere the restaurant had.

Waiter service, at first, was very good. Pleasant professional looking waitress bringing some starters on the house (lovely filled bread). House wine was nice too and not too expansive.

Real irritation started however when the waitress brought the main dishes. Went out with a group of friends and all had opted for a pasta. Decided myself to order the pasta that was not on the menu but highly recommended by the waitress: pasta with gorgonzola cheese and nuts. Sounded mouthwatering so thought I might as well be adventourous and order the recommendation.

My friends were served long before I got my dog bowl style plate. Looking at my friends' dishes it looked very promising, well prepared food in large portions. However...my recommendation turned out to be a bit of a turndown, the quantity of the food was 1/4 of what the friends had been served. Even before I was able to protest the waitress commented that 'Yes, it might seem like it is not a lot but you will see that the gorgonzola is quite filling'.

First of all I do not like to be told by kitchen staff nor waitress what portion is 'quite filling' for me. If I want 'nouvelle cuisine' I carefully choose my restaurants and one would not expect this kind of attitude from a - nice at it might seem at first - Italian restaurant squeezed away between a prostitute massage parlour and a cheesy Karaoke bar that offers pizza and pasta. Anyway, to cut a long story short, although being served 10 minutes later than my friends I finished my plate (read: scraping the bottom of the plate) long before they did....

The food was devine, but would never return here again as for me going out for a meal means I have got to enjoy myself. Working in the tourist industry myself I value price - quality...in this case I would say the quality was OK....the quantity however was NOT. Did complain to the waitress (by then not so pleasant anymore, more like fed up)...and for the pathetic excuse of the other waitress that cleared our plates...(arrogant ignorance...not fit for the job), neither of them seemed to care.

Being a bit self consicous for suffering with a bad theroid problem they probabely must have thought that, being a bit overweight due to my illness, I was just being greedy. My friends however agreed that I had only received 1/4 of what they had received and our guess was that the 'highly recommended dish not being on the menu card' was probably yesterdays left over that they couldn't get rid off but had finally had run out of when I placed my order, hence the fact I only had 10 miserable pieces of pasta with sauce on my plate (as in nouvelle cuisine it only failed a waiter whispering in phony French accent : Dze food iz on dze left hand side of dze plate madame)

Would NEVER return to a restaurant where after having paid quite an amount of money I still felt like wanting to drive by the nearest McD to get a take away.

Will not come back

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“relaxing evening,with delicious food, for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

we really enjoyed this restaurant, after eating in this restaurant we even went back the next evening!!!
a pitty we had to leave home
good prices, for good quality food!
difficult to choose from the menu, so many nice things
housewine really good quality, pizza thin and delicious,steaks wonderfull and for the rest looks really good,what I saw from other tables!!!
Realy nice waitress,she loves her job and gives the customers a very warm welcom and a nice evening.
I
it is not so toeristic and that is even better because it gives you an relaxing evening,
toerists and locals are coming here
the area is a little bit with nightclubs, but you can't miss this nice restaurant!!!!
I lost even a scarf, when I realized I was already in my own country.
I made a telefone call to them,and now they are sending it to my homeplace.
really so nice off them