“Great day out!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 37 Activities in Adeje
Type: Biking Trails, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Safe, relaxed downhill bike rides since 1999, ride with us 22 miles without pedalling from the skirts of Mount Teide, 7300 ft high, to the coast of Los Cristianos. Enjoy the real Tenerife where tourist buses dont reach, sample local "Tapas" and discover the joy of riding without effort. Any age can do it, just try! We also rent bikes with free hotel delivery and will advise you on local points of interest.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Did this trip in January with my sister and loved it so I thought I'd take my teenage son this time. Glad I did - he loved it too! Pretty much the same day as described elsewhere pick up at hotel, stop en route at Vilaflor, views of Teide etc. Tomas, Diego and Mauricio were great hosts and guides making sure everyone was comfortable and safe and enjoying the ride. Picnic was lovely - and plenty of it! The route down the mountain and finish point this time was different than that in January which was a bonus for me!! Would really recommend this - it's a bit different to the usual trips on offer and the views are breathtaking!! Fab! Cheers guys - will be back in January!

Farnborough, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“3 1/2 stars if i could - guides should start the trip later & have thier lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife booked the trip and i wasnt happy when she said it was 22miles until she said it was all downhill. We got picked up on time and headed towards the top of the volcano. we stopped not far from the top which turned out to be so the guys could get some food as "its the only time they can eat" which i thought well start the trip later it wouldnt be an issue as obv we hadnt paid to watch them eat. when we got back on the road they took us to a part of the national park and showed us the landscape took a few pictures etc, we then got back in the car to the start of our downhill trek.
We got given a highvis, a pair of cycling gloves(freshly washed thankgod) and a helmet. They ran through the signals they woud be using and the procedures and then we set off. We stopped off every so often for a break and pictures and about half way down we stopped for a "picnic" which was abit underwhelming. We went down some steep roads and some roads to pick up speed and its a shame the whole trip wasnt as fun as the riding bit. i wuld do it again but would hope the niggley things they would sort out

Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went on this trip during our holiday - we were picked up from our hotel in a mini bus and driven up the volcano - the staff were very helpful and friendly and during the drive and gave us useful facts and pointed out things. We stopped at a cafe whilst the instructors had lunch (wasn't an issue, but think perhaps they should shift the pick up time back by half an hour and have lunch before collecting people!) we were driven up to view point where we had opportunity to take photos and admire the view. We were then taken to the starting point where we were kitted up - helmet, gloves and high vis vest and were given instructions and commands to stay safe. We headed off - a leader in front on a bike and a mini bus following down with spare bikes, they were in walkie talkie contact and the van following - stopped traffic at crossings so we didn't have to stop- very well run - cycled in pairs unless given the command to go in single file for cars to pass and stopped every 5 miles or so where we were given drinks and could take photos. Half way down they produced some nibbles - olives, cheeses, bread, etc in a nice shady spot. We went through villages and picked up some impressive speeds - at the bottom for the last 100 yards they made it a race with a checked flag - more refreshments given at the end (including a bottle of bubbly opened) and then driven back to our hotel. Nice little touch they did a experiment with empty plastic bottles to show the effects of the pressure - a fantastic experience and afternoon and would defiantly recommend - very little peddling required and seeing lots more of Tenerife.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Improve the lunch and cut out the stop going up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great trip July 13. Would recommend it. Great views of south Tenerife .
Long stop on the way up for 45 min at cafe so instructor could have lunch, should have caught on if he was having lunch what were we having? Bread bits, cheese bits and olives.
Advice !!!! Have lunch in the cafe on the way up. It's a very long day for nibbles.

Advice to rafting bikes. It's almost the perfect trip. Improve the lunch and cut out the stop and your there.

Visited July 2013
“Absolute Lifesavers, fantastic afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had rented a road bike from a bike shop in Las Americas (who will remain nameless!), who had provided me with a broken pump and a worn tyre! My tyre tore at the top of Teide, and I was completely stranded, with no way to blow my tyre up or even if I did, it was doubtful if it stayed inflated. I was going to have to sit for 3 hours in the baking sun for a bus to take me down the mountain. Then along came Rafting Bike.....complete lifesavers!!!

The guys from Rafting Bike saw me at the side of the road slightly dishevelled and disgruntled, picked me up, and gave me the option of joining their downhill tour on their spare bike, or sit in the minbus that follows the tour. I chose the latter, and had a wonderful afternoon following the tour down, learning all sorts of interesting things about Tenerife. I even got invited to eat the tapas picnic with them. They wouldn't even accept any money for this either, just asking me to 'pay it forward'. Absolutely fantastic guys, thanks SO SO MUCH!

Visited June 2013