“"An unforgettable experience, best thing I have done in Tenerife"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rafting Bike

Rafting Bike
Urbanizacion Las Nieves, 38670 Adeje, Tenerife, Spain
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 37 Activities in Adeje
Type: Biking Trails, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Safe, relaxed downhill bike rides since 1999, ride with us 22 miles without pedalling from the skirts of Mount Teide, 7300 ft high, to the coast of Los Cristianos. Enjoy the real Tenerife where tourist buses dont reach, sample local "Tapas" and discover the joy of riding without effort. Any age can do it, just try! We also rent bikes with free hotel delivery and will advise you on local points of interest.
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“"An unforgettable experience, best thing I have done in Tenerife"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our original plan was to book a Jeep trip to Teide but while walking down the beach we stopped at a small place that was advertising different attractions in Tenerife. Bike trip down the volcano sounded really cool and I am so happy we decided to go with this option! We have been picked up from outside our hotel by a friendly guy Thomas who drove us up the mountain and explained us bits and pieces about the island, agriculture, plants, etc. We stopped in a small village to catch up with the rest of our group and have some drink and food before going further up. After another short drive via National Park we reached our destination where the bike adventure started ;) Thomas and his colleagues gave all of us the safety tips, explained the rules, provided the equipment and we were ready to go! It is advisable to have some warm clothes with you (if you do not have they guys can provide you with jackets, leggings) as it is quite chilly while speeding down on a bike! The whole journey is breathtaking! The views are purely amazing while going down the winding roads. And the speed!!!! You can feel like flying! The instructors look after you really well, they signal when the car is coming, sometimes they blocked the road from the cars to let us go. Somewhere in the middle of the trip we stopped in a picturesque village for a picnic ;) it was a really good fun! we were given some food nibbles like olives, goat cheese and yellow beans (not sure of the name) plus delicious local produce : white wine. and again down the road...more beauty spots to see :) we finished in Los Christianos with a final race (there was even a checkboard flag!) and a bottle of champane to celebrate the trip! I do not have enough words to describe how lovely was the whole experience and i would like to thank Thomas and his work mates for giving me the best day in Tenerife. I will definitely be back to do it again!!!

Visited November 2012

Strachur
7 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our holiday too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thank you very much Thomas for a really great and memorable experience. Downhill cycling all the way, through differing, beautiful and interesting landscapes, with lovely views all the way to the coast. The tour was done in a safe but exciting way, on sound bikes, with experienced guides who want everyone to have a good time. We are very recreational, family cyclers, but thought the guides had the balance between trills, ease and safety just right. Would definitely recommend, and would certainly do again next time in Tenerife.

Visited October 2012
falkirk
“Highlight of Tenerife holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This came highly recommended to me and my husband (who is a more experienced/confident cyclist). I agreed to give it a go, i was feeling a bit nervous to begin with, but the nerves soon disappeared and i even managed to ease off the brakes a little as i went along!! The guides really add a fun element to the day and make it more enjoyable, they are so informative about the whole area. It is so well organised i felt very safe.i wouldn't hesitate to say to anyone who is thinking about it to "Give it a Go" you won't regret it. It was definitely the highlight of our holiday to Tenerife.

Visited October 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
3 attraction reviews
“Good, but not for everyone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Everybody can have his own experience, thoughts, so as for me it's a little bit risky, if you are "not-sure" biker. During tour you are riding down from the mountain at speed over 40km/h. Good things: it's well organized, bikes are in good condition, there is car in the back that warns regarding other cars on the road. As for me, I would prefer to rent bike (can be easily found in Adeje for appr. 9 EUR per day) and choose my own tour.

Visited September 2012
ayrshire
4 attraction reviews
“Wheely Good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

On our visit to Tenerife both my partner and i did the rafting bike trip,whilst i cycle most days my other half does`nt.12 of us on the day,with one child.We also stopped at Vilaflor and we enjoyed the cool drink from the pub and taking some photos.Also some of the party had snacks,we took this as part of the day out and had no problem if the guides had a bite to eat as well.Soon we were ready to start our descent,it was made perfectly clear to all that it would be at a speed the slowest was comfortable with.At first my partner was rather nervous and slow but at no point was she made to feel forced to speed up.We stopped after short while for the guide to check we were all okay with the speed.My partner was gettting more confident and she was soon passing a few folk in the group.We had quite a few stops for photos and for the guides to tell us some of the history of the area.Yes at times it was fast but myself i was`nt uncomfortable with the speeds.I totally disagree with the review that this trip is a total rip off,i thouroughly enjoyed it and what was more pleasing for me was that my partner enjoyed it and thought the day was far better than she thought it would be.We would both do it again in the future!

Visited August 2012