We stayed at the Sunset Harbor between 9/5/2013 and 19/5/2013 in room E36. This room has excellent views of Fanabe Beach and harbor and has full sun from noon til dusk. We were with a big gang and our friends had another room that was more to my taste decor wise, ours was all black and white...but the whinging stops there! Clean, bright, all facilities you need, oven DVD, two TV's, two fans, no air con but I prefer fans, no sore throats. Sheets and towels changed 3 times in 10 days. British TV, great views from balcony. the balcony needs a shade though!!! Comfortable chairs & recliners on balcony, spent many an early evening drinking and watching the world go by.
No problem with loungers around the pool, always some available. Two pools, one warm and shallow one deep and cooler and very refreshing. Good clubhouse on site with reasonable priced food. Meals can be found cheaper outside but not as good quality. Something on every night from 9.15 pm and quite good. Boy George was good as was Micheal Buble. We got into a routine of eating out early, seeing shows on Guayamina Princess Hotel from 10.15 til 11.15 pm then going to an excellent Karaoke /Show Bar called Moonlight on the beach just two minutes walk away. The pub entertainment was better than hotel's but on late. Some great karaokee's...even better than me! This was a bit of a shock! LOL! Some great acts, Comedy Elvis / Crush..( Rock band), ISO/MARLO. really good R& B / Soul/Motown/ska stuff. The Moonlight is better and cheaper than Harley's. On cloudy days we went for walks to El Duque which is a very up market area with posh hotels/nice beach. Only 30 mins casual walk. Go the other way and you hit Los Christianos / Playa America. I found Playa Torviscos to be better than these areas.
The staff at Sunset Harbor were great, specially the fella's, obviously my charm is failing with the ladies these days!! Daytime fella, (don't know his name, was really helpful and told us not to waste our money on taxi's to Harley's) Jose Antonio Rodrigues , the night doorman was very friendly. See You New Year Tony! Feliz Neuvo! Hasta Luago!!
I would recommend the apartments to anyone, good location, great staff, very clean etc. Looks like a village. We are returning to this resort in New Year but staying at Princess Guaymina, 5 minutes away. This may be OK, but I will be popping into Sunset Harbor to say hello. Mucho Gusto to everyone!
As Arnie would say.... " I'll be back" haha
Room tip... High floor with sea views, but the pool views are good too.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Harbour Club Hotel Adeje
- Sunset Harbour Club Hotel
- Sunset Harbour Club Tenerife/Adeje
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the traditional style of an Andalusian pueblo blanco or white village, Sunset Harbour's soothing qualities are embodied in its gracefully designed outdoor pool, exotic gardens and spectacular mountain backdrop. ettle in with a choice of comfortable, spacious accommodations, all with luxurious facilities and large balconies.And because the resort is situated on the outskirts of the popular Playa de las Americas, there are lively round-the-clock attractions close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sunset Harbour Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.