“I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, despite how much of a tourist trap it is.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarhan Hajjaj - Private Tours & Excursions

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 42 Tours & Activities in Tarifa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Sarhan , i am private driver escort in Morocco, I offer quality and informative private guided tours and excursion in Morocco, and also day trips from Spain for individual travelers looking for an authentic exposure to the life style and culture of Morocco and not for "corny touristy excursions" We don't offer any group tours all our services are private, all my tours are private, just for you and your party.I have been working as a private English speaking driver escort in every corner of Morocco since 1996. My prices may not be the cheapest but they are very competitive, i offer great value for money with no hidden extras.so If you would like to discover Tangier and learn about the history, the culture, the traditions and everyday life of Moroccan, the best is to come with me on a private tour and get more in depth experience!
Truro, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Rather than spend my day off roasting in a line of other holiday makers I opted for a day trip by coach to Tangiers.
The cost of 80 euros included coach, ferry, guides and lunch, which was OK compared to the cost of similar tours.
After an early start we arrived in Tarifa and had a 45 minute wait for the ferry. This was good because there were only 2 ladies toilets and it took that long for my turn in the queue.
The ferry journey was 1 hour and I stood on deck - saw a whale in the distance and some flying fish.
On arrival we got into another coach and were driven around the city, where we could see the King's Palace etc. The new part of the city is very much a work in progress, so lots of machinery and concrete.
I began to suspect our guide's history was rather shaky when he had Garibaldi taking refuge from Mussolini in the old Italian embassy - one Czech lady did point out that they lived about a century apart. There were other faux pas on the historical front but nobody was listening to him anyway.
We were herded into a restaurant where we were processed through a typical Moroccan meal. this was OK, if somewhat hurried.
As we walked through the Kasbah we had to be careful not to get mixed up with other groups but the red hearts that had been attached to us made sure we all kept to the same guide.
We were taken to a souvenir shop and a herb shop, where the guides obviously got their commission but it was an OK shopping experience. Being part of a group it was easier to run the gauntlet of street hawkers and it felt quite safe.
Then back on the boat and back to Spain.
I enjoyed the experience and would go back to Tangiers again but maybe not on this kind of trip. However, it was a good first experience, especially as I was travelling as a single woman.

• Hebrew first
Colleyville, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Good but Fell Short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Abdul picked us up from the ferry terminal and introduced himself as our driver. His English was excellent and he was most congenial and made us feel safe. Each of the riads were unique and charming and very comfortable. We had guides in Volibulis and Fez who were most informative. We loved Morocco. It was rich in culture and the country side was beautiful and above expectations.

We were expecting a tour guide in Tangier (not just driving around the city), Chefchaouen, Marrakech, and Rabat, which we did not have. Abdul walked around with us in Marrakech but it was not a guided tour. In reading the travel books, we feel we missed out on not having guides as indicated when booking our tour.

Also, we did not like the forced shopping at special stores and the touristy restaurants with their inflated prices. We were looking forward to the excitement of bargaining with the vendors, which we missed. Then we were left with no time to shop at the souks. Eating at the touristy restaurants made us feel like we had just gotten off a tour bus.

Overall it was a great trip though it did not quite meet our expectations. This was a trip of a lifetime for us and feel the guided tours would have made a huge difference to our group.

Victoria, Canada
“Unforgettable Family Trip In Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We (Mom, Dad and four teenage kids) had the privilege of touring Morocco for 8 nights during Ramadan in July/August 2013 with driver and guide Abdul Salam. It was a magical experience we will never forget. Everything was perfectly planned and Abdul was excellent as a host, guide and driver. The only mild hiccup worth mentioning is that the 4 cylinder Hyundai van did overheat a couple of times climbing the mountain roads into Chefchouan in the summer heat. But the roadside delays were minimal and actually quite enjoyable as the problem was quickly dealt with. We strongly recommend this private tour company for travel in Morocco.

Visited August 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Abdul met all our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Arranging a car and driver with Sarhan was easy over the internet and reasonably priced. Four of us met Abdul with his spacious, comfortable minivan in Marrakech for a 6 day portion of our 3 week trip in Morocco. Abdul spoke very good english, self taught from his love of American movies and music, which he loves to play for you in the van if you ask. He even downloaded some Mozart for this classical music lover. Abdul is very good natured, always prompt, and cheerfully and willingly will grant any request, even one that could be described as unreasonable.
He drove very carefuly, which was critically important to one of us. In addtion to driving Abdul decided where we would eat lunch and sometimes made recommendations as to what we should see and places to shop. We resisted making the shopping stops, but he would insist despite our objections. I mention this because he was right in most cases, and we came to respect his judgement. During the trip Sarhan would call periodically to make sure everything was OK. We were all very pleased with the service and our unreserved recommendation.

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
19 attraction reviews
“In depth tour of Tangier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Sarhan met us at the port. We began with the driving oration of the tour. He is very knowledgeable of all the history of Tangier. He has a great personality and is quite funny. He stopped at scenic points for pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed that portion of the trip. He then passed us on to Aziz for the walking tour. He took us throughout the Kasbah and the Medina. Be prepared for lots of uphill walking and twists and turns. Aziz is extremely knowledgeable on the history of Tangier. He is well known throughout both areas. We had lunch at a traditional Moroccan restaurant. I did not like the stores where they gave the sales pitches. Would prefer to go into shops of my own choosing. Felt like we had to make those stops. Would prefer if they were options. All in all a great experience.