“Excellent B&B - great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel La Torre to your Saves list
Hotel La Torre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Nacional 340 Km 77.2, 11380 Tarifa, Spain   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Tarifa
“Excellent B&B - great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here on our trip through Andalusia the night before a day trip to Morocco. The hotel staff were extremely hospitable. The restaurant was outstanding for dinner. I had fish soup and ventresca (tuna belly). It was well prepared - three large portions - and delicious. I would highly recommend La Torre for the stay and the food.

• Stayed November 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This hotel is about 6km from Tarifa town, along the road west towards Bolonia. It is on a main road, but that does not detract from the property itself. The gardens are immaculate, and have several "secret" sections with lovely furniture, chill-out zone with bean bags and a general air of laid-back relaxation. There are two hot tubs, and a lovely covered restaurant which defies the smoking ban...lots of cigar smoke when I visited, but all legal and above board because the restaurant is not a part of the main building!
My room was very clean, very comfortable, with a mattress which was obviously pretty new. The shower had lots of variable sprays, and was always a decent temperature (I tried it at several times of the day!).
I was travelling alone, and the restaurant was always full of couples. The waiting staff really did not know how to cope with me being on my own and tended to "spoil" the couples, and leave me feeling out on a limb. Maybe they just weren't used to a single, middle aged woman on her own!
The food was over oily, and not to my taste, but maybe I chose badly. When I ordered a glass of rose, that was not a problem, but when I asked for a second, it was never the same type. And that is hard to explain when Spanish isn't your first language, so I just put up with it.
Breakfast is a generous buffet, and no complaint there.
Overall I would say this would be a great "one night" stay. I thought Tarifa itself to be overrated, and if you wanted a smaller, but more interesting town (and wanted to stay in town) then Zahara would be a better choice.

Room Tip: I loved room in the outside annexe (rooms 9, 10 and 11)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and had the best dinner ever. There's a beach within 5 minutes walking distance (although it's not good if you have kids - rough waves and gets deep very quickly), and a short drive from Bolonia (lovely beach!) and Tarifa. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but our favorite part was the food. We had the best calamari in the world - grilled to perfection. The breakfasts here are very nice as well. We definitely want to go back some day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Apollo Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed here twice, once before heading over to Morocco and again on our return.
First stay we had a room with two single beds and whilst not the most comfortable bed I have slept in, it was adequate.
Left our car and some of our belongings at the hotel and travelled to Morocco for a week.
Stayed in one of their queen bedded rooms on our return and couldn't falt. Large modern bathroom and a very comfortable bed.
Must say that it is a fair distance out of town and costs a bit over 10 euro by taxi.
That being said we ate in the restaurant each night and would definately recommend

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

When I booked at this hotel I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew I wanted a place close to Tarifa because of the fantastic beaches, but I didn't want to stay in Tarifa itself because of parking issues. The Hotel La Torre was a very good choice. We had a clean room with a comfortable bed, large modern bathroom, and good air conditioning. While the hotel is across from the beach, you do have to cross a highway and walk a little to get to it. This wasn't a problem for us, but you should be aware that you won't step out of your front door onto the beach. The only reason I'm not giving the hotel an Excellent rating is because of the "noise factor". While the hotel was quiet during the night, we discovered that it's a popular place for the locals to host celebrations. This made it difficult for us to sit on the terrace and enjoy a quiet drink or to have a quiet dinner. We were there on Saturday and Sunday, so this is likely not a factor on week nights. Just want to make others aware of it. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recomend the Hotel La Torre or its restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was the best hotel we stayed at during our 2 week trip to Spain. Large, clean, comfortable rooms (with actual queen sized beds). Great restaurant. Helpful staff (very accommodating of my bad Spanish).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pahrump, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

The hotel is a short drive to/from Tarifa. Very clean, comfortable and accommodating - and the best food in the area. The sunsets are beautiful.

Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Torre? Share your experiences!