“I didn't experience the same problems as other diners!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Reading, UK
“I didn't experience the same problems as other diners!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I've been to Mexico A LOT and will always sniff out a restaurant with this cuisine wherever I am in the world. I ate here a couple of times when visiting Nerja.

I loved the decor of Cielito Lindo as it reminded me of a cantina in Puerto Vallarta that I've visited a couple of times.

Everybody in my party chose the fajitas although I was seriously tempted by the chimichangas. The fajitas are served up in these fabulous, what I can only describe as cast iron fajita 'trees'. I've searched high and low on the internet to see if I can buy them but with no luck. :-(

The food was nice although not as spicy as I would have liked. Furthermore, the quality of the meat wasn't bad like other people have described. The majority of items on the menu are not Tex Mex which made a refreshing change. I suspect that Tex Mex is what a lot of other customers were expecting.

What can this restaurant do to improve? In my opinion putting other Mexican dishes on the menu such as my personal favourites puerco pibil and mole would add a bit of variety and flavour. We didn't experience the problems in quality of service or food like others have described. I would certainly visit Cielito Lindo again should I revisit Nerja.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

41% Recommend
Midlands
“Expensive but good, Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were the only people in there so we got great service, love the decor inside. Good cocktail selection, had a mojito that was good. I had the nachos and they were great, authentic, real guacamole, and you got quite a lot. I think everything on the menu is probably €5 too much but I enjoyed and would go back, but take more money!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are not many words to say about this restaurant other than it's terrible! I'm not sure how anyone can make Mexican cuisine taste 'bland' but they managed to do it here very well.
I won't be back :(

Visited June 2012
JUAN G, Gerente at Cielito Lindo, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Sir or Madame. We are sorry that you didn´t like our food. We can´t satisfy everybody, and we don´t think any Restaurant could do it. We are proud that 95% of our diners are really happy with it and have good time with us. It´s really a shame that all of them don´t write a message here. We could improve it, in which case, if you have been more clear in your comment.
We thank you and wish you the best.
Dublin Ireland
“Not great...understatement!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Visited only once on recent trip. Service ok but restaurant not busy. Best thing about the food was the speciality beer. Otherwise food was like one would cook at home from packs. This was without doubt the most expensive meal we had on the whole trip to Nerja. Too expensive by far.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

When staying in nerja we ate here three times. The food was lovely & the service was great. Lovely atmosphere & the sangria was fab :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere