“Clean NICE hotel....Great restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Carabeo & Restaurant 34
Calle Hernando de Carabeo, 34, 29780 Nerja, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 38 hotels in Nerja
U.S.A.
“Clean NICE hotel....Great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stumbled upon this place only because it was "34" (If you're a Chicacgo Bears fan you'll know why this stopped my guy in his footsteps). Decided we HAD to stay here and came up a winner. It's beautiful inside AND we had a room that had an ocean view. To top that off, we ate at the restaurant, poolside, and had a fantastic meal. NEED RESERVATIONS though and know when the restaurant is open. A British front desk staff eased the language barrier you can encounter at some establishments. You can walk everywhere in Nerja from here....NO worries. VERY CLEAN nice area too. You CANNOT drive you're car up. But there is a parking lot nearby and you can wheel your luggage over. A very NICE breakfast is included in the dining area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in the Hotel Carabeo Penthouse (amazing) when we got married in Nerja in May 2012 and absolutely loved it! We cannot say enough about the service and friendliness of staff. They could not do enough for us and our family who also stayed here. They made us feel so welcome and made such an effort to ensure our stay was a memorable one.

The Penthouse was perfect for getting ready (makeup and photos) on the morning of our wedding with my 4 bridesmaids and both mums. We also had our breakfast and lunch (food is delicious) on the huge balcony. It was perfect and I would highly recommend it for any bride.

The views from the hotel are also amazing and the location of the hotel is perfect.

We also had a dinner here during our stay and all i can say is don't leave Nerja without coming to Hotel Carabeo for a least an evening meal overlooking the med!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have been to Nerja on countless occasions and have never ventured to restaurant 34, always looked expensive and we just never felt it was worth it.

All I can say is what a fool I am, I have missed out on a real gem of a place
Setting is fantastic
Menu is superb, and has hidden gems
Starters
Turbot – Lovely fillet and cooked fantastically
Wine – Pinot Grigio
Coffee
Whiskey & Bailey
Service was excellent and we sat in comfort and we were never rushed
Please do not make our mistakes by walking past it

Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

About 13 years ago I was visiting Nerja and someone recommended I eat at "34". I did, and then my wife and I did again 5 years ago. On 20 October 2012 we returned for a third time and for a third time had an excellent meal with friendly attentive service. The weather was a little cool this time and so we ate inside at a corner table in the conservatory. (at least that's what you'd call it in England). Being next to two outside walls my wife felt it a bit cold while the rest of the room felt quite warm. On mentioning this, a heater was provided for us and staff checked periodically to make sure we were comfortable - quite excellent service.

We had three courses and wine and I really couldn't fault any of it. It wasn't a cheap night out but it was a very high quality meal and, not for the first time, we concluded that there is unlikely to a better place in Nerja for a good dinner. If we return again to Nerja we will certainly return to Restaurant 34.

Wed didn't stay in the hotel so can only comment on the restaurant - maybe next time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for a week in August, during which it was my boyfriend's birthday. Before we arrived I emailed the hotel to ask them to help me organise a surprise for him on arrival and the next day, they offered a number of suggestions and when we arrived they went far beyond my expectations (which were already high!)! I was amazed by how friendly, helpful and genuinely lovely all the staff are - it made a stay at a beautiful hotel into an unforgettable experience.

Our room was gorgeous, we had a massive terrace off our room, which was completely private. Really comfy beds - I had the most amazing sleeps there! The house keeping staff did a wonderful job every day and kept it looking lovely. The pool is great, really good that there are towels provided!

The restaurant is incredibly good - I eat out a lot in very nice restaurants, and this really was fantastic. I had lobster - there was so much meat that I couldn't eat the accompaniments, which was a shame because they were also great. Fantastic wines and also good cocktails! Beautiful setting out on the terrace overlooking the sea, very romantically candle-lit...

This place is not cheap, but it is worth every single penny. I don't write trip advisor reviews, but I had to for this place. Really truly wonderful.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were looking for a small, comfortable hotel to spoil ourselves for a few days before a wedding and found this hotel and restaurant on Trip Advisor and our holiday lived up to and beyond expectation. Maggi and Margaret were lovely on reception. The hotel is very stylish and comfortable. We had a room at the front (Torrecelia) which was lovely but the suites we saw look great. The pool out the back is small but as previous reviewers have said its often not used. I used it for a cool down swim in the afternoon.
Centrally located and there is a bar underneath so the front rooms are not the quietest but you are in the middle of a town on a pedestrianised street. We will be back just hope there is a room available as so many good reviews! Yes its pricey but worth it.
We ate in the restaurant 34 on the first night - very nice, good food and service.

Room Tip: The suites look fantastic - if beyond your budget look at the Torrecelia which is at the front but i...