“ENJOY NERJA´s NIGHT WITH AN AUTHENTIC AMERICAN MEAL” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Madrid, Spain
“ENJOY NERJA´s NIGHT WITH AN AUTHENTIC AMERICAN MEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

After reading a few reviews about this restaurant , we didn´t hesitate going to SALOON, during our three-day trip by Málaga and surrounded villages.
Indeed, it really deserved. I do agree that it´s a very good and amazing place as not only for its delicious meat but also for Chef Mark´s personal touch and masterliness.
Our menú consisted of:
Onions Rings, French Fries, Chicken´s Nuggets, ¨"Jalapeños" with cheddar cheese and as main courses: XXL size Hot Dogs, tender Ribs (baked in the oven) and finally we tasted several excelllent homemade Cakes.
Highlight the very polite staff and nice atmosphere.
In fact, we still pending to return just to play pool and delight their famous and recomended Steaks. I´m sure it worth..

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nerja
“Fantastic ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Just been to The Saloon
Had wanted Sunday lunch ,but they had sold out, but boy was glad they had as wouldn't have had their fantastic ribs
The meat just fell of the bone, and the barbecue sauce was gorgeous.
Then had the homemade chocolate cake which was equally as good.
If your in Nerja make sure you try :)

Visited September 2013
“10th year of visiting Nerja and what a gem of a meal I found in Saloon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Starters:
Mozzarella Sticks
Spicy chicken wings

Mains:
Chicken breast (cooked to order)
Ribs

This year will be the tenth year in which I have visited Nerja, some lovely places to eat and Saloon is by far up there.

My partner ordered the mozzarella sticks to start and was very happy to see them all different shapes and sizes indicating to us these were freshly made and when asked if this was the case, the answer was yes.

My partner does not eat red meat and so mainly sticks to chicken, what my partner wanted was not on the menu so the chef offered to cook my partners meal fresh, beautifully butterflied chicken breast, exactly how my partner asked for it, fried and in breadcrumbs.

Upon ordering my chicken wings to start, I was surprised to have had the chef ask "How hot do you like them?" I was absolutely amazed that the chef would cook all this fresh and fresh they were the sauce was just like I requested, hot but not too hot!

I had the ribs for main and they were fantastic, the meat fell off the bone and the BBQ sauce was smokey and very tasty!

Service was very friendly and they left you in piece to eat whilst ensuring to pop back every now and then to check if we would like another drink.

Price of the meal and the drinks was incredibly cheap for the outstanding quality of food we had, this is a must go place in Nerja and I cannot wait to go back and have the burger!

Thank you to the chef and staff for ensuring we had a fantastic meal and a lovely evening!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shefford, null, United Kingdom
“New American Diner, in Nerja!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a regular visitor to Nerja, this restraurant was a new addition only a few months ago, sporting a menu similar to diners along the freeways of the United States. And I can safely say the food on offer delivers in spades.
I myself chose the Alitas Picantes, and made the somewhat naive decision to "surprise me" on how hot they would be. This should only be something you say if you are after a challenge, or are completely insane, as I apparently only had the "hot" sauce, and after numb lips and a sweating brow, found out that it gets even more intense.
My other family members chose the Burger and Club Sandwich. And they weren't disappointed either. My mother even agreed that the burgers were much better than her own, and trust me when I say, that is saying something.

Overall, this quaint little diner is certainly something not to be missed, and is a little gem, tucked away in Nerja that is worth searching for.
Only if you feel lucky, Punk.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“The burgers were homemade and very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Saloon is an American style restaurant which specialises in hamburgers, steaks and ribs. The front area comprises of a bar, some tables and a pool table but further back down a few steps is a restaurant, plus a few tables in the street outside.

We chose the Saloon Burger - a 6 oz burger which comes in a bun with fries. The owner said that instead of bun or fries we could choose salad or vegetables.

So many restaurants claim that their burgers are home made, but the reality is that their burgers hide processed meat burgers under the lettuce/tomato etc. Not so here - the burgers were truly home made. In addition the topping of lettuce, gherkin, tomato was all freshly made and there was also a fried egg plus bacon and cheese.

The Saloon Burger cost €7 each which is very good value. We were offered a choice of wines. We chose a bottle of Carramimbre Ribera del Duero roble red wine priced at €14 (good value).

The service was good and attentive. The owner opened windows for us, opened the wine professionally and later checked that we were happy with our meal - which we were. The owner clearly cares about his business.

• Visited August 2013