“This is not the hotel for me!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of OH Villa Flamenca Hotel

You added OH Villa Flamenca Hotel to your Saves list
OH Villa Flamenca Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Andalucia 1 | Urbanizacion Nueva Nerja, 29780 Nerja, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Nerja
“This is not the hotel for me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The possitives:helpful staff and wifi throughout the hotel. The negatives: everything else. I had great hopes for this hotel having read the reviews and booked 1 night half board. However, the hotel really failed on most counts to deliver. Whilst the
reception staff were pleasant and the free wifi through out was good, the bedroom was extremely shabby and the bathroom was equally tired looking, with no toiletries or hair dryer. The communal areas were equally shabby and the overall cleanliness was just about acceptable. The buffet style dinner and breakfast was awful - poor quality, completely tasteless and cold - all served in a drab dining room at communal tables. In fairness the hotel is under going refurbishment and I hope this improves the quality of the accommodation but I suspect that the food will remain extremly poor.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ballater
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just had 12 days, as a single woman, in the OH Villa Flamenca Hotel, Nerja, Spain. It is a one hour drive from Malaga Airport. I have been there before, but not as a lone single female guest.
This hotel is about to refurbish its bedrooms. Many reviews comment that this is necessary and there are now photos of the "proposed new rooms". I admit this is needed but my room was actually just fine. I had a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens, facing west. It was rather noisy at night as my room overlooked the patios around the pool where guests can relax all day and also at night when they are enjoying almost nightly entertainment. I did hear the guests talk and the music. However, at 10.30pm, all noise stopped. The management are very strict about this.
Right now, this hotel is great value for money. Excellent buffet breakfast. I talked to other guest who had "half board" there and they told me dinner was also excellent. Food is served all day until 6.30pm. That was my problem. After 6.30pm.......as I did NOT have half board.........I had to search for somewhere safe to eat alone. As I had family there, this was not a problem for me but it may be for other single guests. I would like the hotel to serve dinner formally and also lighter meals till at least 10pm..........so that one does not have to leave at night in search of dinner. I cannot eat a huge buffet at night..........so I would love the management to extend their service of lighter snacks and meals till later at night.........especially for us "singles".
The staff at the front desk, especially Michael, were very helpful, friendly and smiling to all guests. they even printed off my boarding pass with no problems. They let my sister view rooms for me and she chose the one I stayed in. Most helpful. During my stay, all the guests were from Britain. I am sure they have other nationalities there at other times. All enjoyed this hotel very much for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Lovely pool and paito areas. House keeping could have done better. My cups of coffee which you have to buy downstairs at the bar were never once, in 12 days, removed from my room. Old sachets of shower gel were still in the bath after the room had been cleaned. I had to ask for a new water glass after 7 days of using the same glass? So please be firmer on the house cleaning. Not good enough!! My biggest problem, apart from noise from the patios at night, was that there was NO coffee/tea making facilities in my room. It was awful. I am up at 5am. No coffee!! I had to wait until breakfast was served at 8am -10am until I could get my first coffee. I hope, when they refurbish that this will be incorporated into the rooms or ........better yet, room service with coffee etc as many leave on very early flights and could get no food and nothing to drink. It's a great location if you do not mind Nerja being one long hill down to the Balcon and one long hill to climb back up to your hotel. Do not go to Nerja if you cannot walk hills or have mobility problems. Great town. Great atmosphere and many many wonderful ex pats live there who make it the place it is by all their hard voluntary work. This hotel is just fine. I hope the rates do NOT go up much when the rooms are refurbished. It was very inexpensive and a lovely place to go in Winter. It has excellent free WiFi all over the hotel. I got internet in my room and balcony so never even had to use the "WiFi" areas downstairs. I would recommend this hotel but note all I say which is needing improved. I look forward to the "refurbishment". Avril Lewis

Room Tip: go for overlooking the pool only............but NOT on top of the pool area as it is very noisy at n...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Is it worth all the airport hassle,packing and getting to the airport for one week ? We thought so after staying here. Great food, very friendly staff. Michael on reception is a gem. There was no trouble changing from a street view room to a pool view. Much quieter, which is what we asked for with our agent. It's in a good location and not too far into the main town. Plenty to see and do in the town. Bedrooms are a little small but there is a refurbishment program starting.

Room Tip: Street rooms can be noisy with coaches coming and going at all hours. Pool view rooms get the sun in...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Almeria, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with a group of friends for a couple of nights. Very reasonable and a very friendly, authentically Spanish hotel which is located in a quiet residential area, with a walk of around 15 mins to the Balcon. However, a taxi will only cost between 6-7 euros. Hotel is slowly being updated and should be ready for next summer which will be a good thing. Unfortunately, the Saturday evening Gala Buffet was very disappointing and we found the function room to be extremely cold, although the entertainment was very good. Would I stay there again - yes, with provisions. As other reviewers have said, if you want a 4/5 star hotel, then I would say this hotel isn't for you. However, all six of us agreed that the hotel was very reasonable and quite comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just enjoyed another week at this great hotel. Good friendly and down to earth. Good position for those who enjoy walking and not far from bus station for a trip to the lovely white washed village of Frigiliana. Nerja caves worth a visit in nearby Maro.
Always plenty of choice in restaurant with weekly gala night and flamenca show.
Rooms not huge but comfortable and adequate with lots of hot water, air con and tv. Great value, can't wait to return next year.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here 29/11-02/12 2014. We booked this hotel as we wanted something authentic and that's exactly what we got the hotel was charming, yet the rooms do need updating which I believe they are going to be doing ready for next summer. The hotel is in a nice quiet residential area and around 5-10mins walk into the thick of things. The drinks are reasonably priced and they do a happy hour between 4.30-5.30pm where it's buy one get one free. Free wifi in the hotel and spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly and keen to help :-)

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came here for a week in february and have returned in December, it feels like home. It's non-oretencious. If you want a 5 star hotel don't come here - we are happy with lovely staff, a relaxing atmosphere and plenty of choice of food. This doesn't break the bank (ours!) but provides a lovely rest.

Room Tip: All rooms overlooking the pool get sunshine on the balcony during the day.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to OH Villa Flamenca Hotel? Share your experiences!