“Despite negatives.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Poole
“Despite negatives.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Despite what we had read since our last visit we went to Maria Bonita again tonight and were delighted. Between us we had fillet and sirloin steak, swordfish and fish kebab and it was wonderful. The service was excellent, the food superb and the atmosphere excellent. We would recommend this without question.

• Visited February 2014

Dublin
“Excellent location, service, decor and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Could not fault the place. Easily the best meal we had during a week in Nerja. Food well presented, attentive service, and wonderful restaurant. Very reasonable considering the quality of service. Went back again the following night as we enjoyed it there so much.

• Visited April 2013
nerja
“Always a lovely surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

It is pointless to try to explain the food here, it has to be seen to be understood as no menu description does it justice - each dish is a work of art and looks at least as impressive as it tastes. I've never seen fruit used as creatively and deliciously in just about every meal. It has become the natural choice for a treat meal out and tellng everyone about it is what they deserve although that means it gets busier and harder to get a table!! Unusual and delicious menus and mostly huge plates which mean the starters and puddings become unfortunately less of an option. I've just seen an adverse review complaining that having asked for something not on the menu they didn't get what they expected - for me that is one of the main pleasures here - you never know how it is going to be until you get your plate because it is so creative you can't describe the food in advance. Don't change a thing!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gothenburg, Sweden
“One of my favourite restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Have been there many times and the food is always great! They put that little extra effort in everything, presentation, service, taste... Superb!
For someone who's not a big eater a main meal can be like a three course, as you often get a big plate with your meat and chips with a salad beutifully decorated with fruit.
On our last visit I had become a vegetarian and discovered to my delight that the vegetarian dish I ordered was one of the best meals I've ever had! Also had the Muerte por chocolate for dessert to share and it really was to die for, sooo nice! Going back next time we're in town as always.
They're very nice and helpful, the waitress gave me a blanket without me even having to ask as she saw I was cold. Wheelchair friendly.
I recommend everyone to go there at least once!

• Visited January 2014
Ulricehamn, Sweden
“By far below expactations!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

After reading comments on Tripadvisor we decided to give it a try. We were four guests and each one ordered different dishes. I asked for a sole a la plancha instead of the offered "a la casa" which shouldn't be of any problem (I have had hundreds of this since this is my favourite fish). What I got was something totally different - in fact almost inadable! I guess this was what was "a la casa".
Overall none of us were impressed about this restaurant so our advice is try another restaurant, there are plenty of thm!

Visited November 2013