“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Confortel Fuengirola

You added Confortel Fuengirola to your Saves list
Confortel Fuengirola
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo Rey de Espana, 87, 29640 Fuengirola, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Mornington, Australia
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Confortel for a week at the beginning of July. We got the train from Malage airport to Los Boliches, very easy 30 minute journey, ticket machine at the airport takes cards or cash (approx 2 euros!)

The hotel is a lovely clean modern hotel right across the road from a long sandy beach. Our room was on the 11th floor with a fantastic view over the sea and along the coast. The downside of the 11th floor was the lifts, especially breakfast time which were usually full by the time they got to us. All staff were extremely friendly and would go out of there way to please. We had Half Board but choose to eat out on several occassions so went in for lunch instead of dinner, The hotel had mainly Spanish people staying which is reflected in the restaurant timings. In the evening, the restaurant would only get busy about 10pm which isn't a problem with us but may not suit people who like to eat at 'tea time'. The area 'Los Boliches' is like a self contained village at the far end of Fuengirola, and has just about everything for everybody. Lots of Spanish bars and restaurants serving Tapas and English bars if that is what you want. We went into a 'English' bistro called Sauve which was very friendly and served a range of food from Tapas (some English style - mini fish & chips, liver&bacon!!!) to the best Steak I had all holiday (fillet pieces on a kebab stick).

We would definateley choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
ossett
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have waited to submit this until I had received refund & banked it. The reason for the refund is that the food was terrible. We tried it twice and then I had meeting with the manager. She said that we would only be charged for room only. When we got home I contacted her and found that they only invoice the hotel booking agency after you check out. I then contacted the travel company & they obtained the refund for me. The hotel was clean and rooms were kept spotless so no complaints there. I also complained that the air conditioning was not working in the room. The manager said that it was not hot enough to turn it on although it got up to 30 degrees in our room !!!!.
The location was great. If you want good food there is a bar 2 streets behind the hotel & towards Fuengirola called the Kon-Tiki. Can`t beat it for value & quality. It made our stay worthwhile.
A couple of the staff were quite rude in the bar area. I was told that while people were watching tv late at night they would leave it on. Went in one night to see how golf was going. The security man said it was too late although they were serving people at the bar. We sat down to watch along with 2 men who were already watching. The security man said something to the barman who came over, said "finish" and turned the tv off !!.
An hour later, the drinkers at the bar were just leaving. Semms that you get special treatment if you are buying drinks !!

Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Confortel Fuengirola for 3 nights. Overall the location is great just across the street from the beach and next to a little square with nice restaurants surrounding the area. Rooms are very clean as well, although quite small. What disappointed us was that the staff were entirely unhelpful and quite rude. I had one specific issue in which I had requested to speak to the manager and the receptionist simply refused. Very frustrating and disappointing experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We had a fantastic week. Me and my husband and 2 daughters age 7 and 5 years. I am also disabled and I thought the service and facilitys were brilliant and we would be happy to go again.

After I booked the hotel and read some reviews I was a little concerned however upon arriving I knew we had picked the right hotel. The reception staff were very helpful although theire English was rather limited. As I had requested a sea view and near the lifts due to my disabilitys I was pleased to see that this had been catered for.

The family room consisted of a twin beds and a sofa bed for the children to share. The rooms where not massive but simple clean and cool with a fantastic few and close to ammenatiys. The room was cleaned daily and towels replaced. Tv was only in Spanish except for CNN however my daughters where happy to watch Spanish cartoons.

Food was very good, we wnet for full board and we were very pleased with the quality and variety offered for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Mostly Spanisha nd older gueats and very few familys with children but thios suited us perfectly. No noise at nght away from clubs and pub but the beach was just accros the road and shops and markets where within a 2 miniute walk. Ideal area for children with the beach and parks ect near by.
Only down side about hotel the swimming pool was very cold but other that that we very pleased.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1011 and we were very pleased.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend break and loved it.The location is just perfect surrounded by so many restaurants you are really spoilt for choice. The hotel is right on the beach front and the sea view from our room was stunning the beach is lovely. The rooms are really spacious and comfortable and the bathrooms are large. The breakfasts are great plenty of choice we would certainly come back to this hotel.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

we stayed in this hotel for two days, we love this hotel, our room was facing the ocean,it was so cool. our room was small but clean, the staffs are friendly,and their breakfast and dinner was good.we went around the city without problem.you can go shopping at nearby stores and the hotel is surounded by restaurants.i recommend this hotel if you visit costa del sol

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the ocean.
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Clean rooms, great location, nice sea view, tasty breakfast, near Los Boliches train station, a lot of restaurants and the beach. Free and fast wireless internet etc. I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Confortel Fuengirola? Share your experiences!