“great value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Fuengirola B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here for a relaxing holiday and it was..5 minutes to the beach and close to the busy city center though was in a quiet spot which suited me,bed was comfy and room was cleaned every day,spotless!very friendly and helpful staff,Didn't have to pay for safety deposit box unlike most hotels,only negative thing i can say is there is no kettle in room but i didnt mind because i was able to just go to the lounge area and make tea when i wanted it,would return again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
H0stal_Marbella34, Owner at Hotel Hostal Marbella, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. We consider to place a kettle in the rooms, so maybe... next time you return you will find one.
Best regards from Hostal Marbella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Klaukkala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Quite small hotel located in a good position. Close to the center of the city center, but not so noisy street. Close enough to the beach and easy to find.
Rooms were quite basic ones but tidy.
Some noise coming from the stairwell and street but did not disturb our nights.
Breakfast available for low price: bread, cheese, jamon, juice, coffee.

If you look for a modern hotel with all luxury services, this is a wrong address.
If you look for a neat hotel to sleep and live during your stay, this a good option.

If visiting Fuengirola again, I'll choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
H0stal_Marbella34, Owner at Hotel Hostal Marbella, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Glad to hear your clear opinion of our hotel Hostal Marbella, hope you enjoyed and will be back in Fuengirola and maybe Hostal Marbella. Thanks for the review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went to Fuengirola on my own and got this hotel on a really good offer, cheaper than the local hostels. Was impressed with the room, nice bathrooms, comfortable bed, plenty of space, good sized wardrobe and safe in each room. The bar was cheap and the lounge area downstairs accomodated for me by putting the football on (Euro 2012). Nice roof terrace as well to chill out. Close to local shops, bars and the bus and train stations and about a 3 minute stroll to the beach. Free Wifi is available and is very handy when abroad.

The owners/staff dealt with any issues (i.e. I didn't have a shower curtain when I arrived and had some difficulty with the safe) straight away and were really welcoming and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 208 had a balcony which was lovely, looking out onto the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Båstad, Skåne Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

After a stay at Hostal Marbella I can warmly recommend the hotel.
* Perfect location - close to the beach, shopping and restaurants
* Service minded and professional personell - speaks Swedish, Spanish and English
* Great roof terrace - where you can relax
* Fresh and good breakfast - great coffe
* Good price
What else do you need?!
Susanne Werneman

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bastad, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Centrally located, easy, priceworthy accomodation on cosy street. Great service, comfortable beds. Nicely cleaned every day. Walking distance to beach, Miramar Skatepark, and shopping centre. Close to many good restaurants. Nice rooftop terrace which is perfect at wintertimes when the beach is sometimes too windy. We've stayed there at several occations. I like it a lot and we will definitely come back, many times!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Båstad, Skåne Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We've stayed at Hostal Marbella several times when visiting Fuengirola. A few years back, the previous owner weren't spending a lot on necessary renovations, but this has changed a lot with the new owners. New lounge area, newly painted interiors, new fabrics and so on.The beds are very comfortable (some might need to be screwed together though, sleeping two people :-)) and there's a lot of TV-channels. The only thing we really miss is a small fridge in the room to keep cool water/snacks! It's a small and sweet hostal, located on one of the best streets - calm, quiet and close to everything. The top floor rooms where we always stay have really nice balconies/terrasses where we spent most of our evenings. Great service from everyone in the personnel, cleaned every day, really affordable prices. Free WiFi. We like it a lot and miss it whenever we're not there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

After reading the reviews here i decided to go to this place..I ditched my other hostal i usually go to (a way more cheaper place then this) because of the great reviews here...The room which we had in the 3 floor, 301, was outdated and we could not have our window open because of the noise of construction-workers right beside the place...the bathroom was ugly and VERY outdated..everything was chipped and worn out...I was VERY disappointed (as my other hostal which i usually stay in, have beautiful and new bathrooms)...The room itself was very small, and the only thing to sit in, was the beds, which would slide if you tried sitting in them...And if that was not enough, we were eaten up by insects in the room...My travelcompanion had over 30 bites after the stay, and not small ones either..We stayed in another place after this, and we got NO bites there, so this was a BIG problem there.
The owners that was suppose to make this place to a very nice and warm place, they were not there at all...I lived at this hotel also because im Scandinavian myself, and in that way i could communicate better with the staff, and maybe get some pointers and tip regarding Fuengirola..Most of the time, it was a boy there which knew nothing about Spain at all...Nice boy, but somewhat clueless regarding Spain (and somewhat service too)

I will say this, i dont understand the reviews here, cause i must honestly say, that i am VERY disappointed by the visit, and will not return back, even if the beds are softer..I will return to my Spanish Hostal, with a little bit harder mattresses, but with better baths, and to a much lower price..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
H0stal_Marbella34, Owner at Hotel Hostal Marbella, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hej, and now I shall continue in English as you posted in English yourself.

I am the owner of the hotel and I was very disappointed (actually saddened) to read your review. We have worked extremely hard over the past 3 years to continually upgrade every single room of the hotel. We have equally worked hard to improve every function and facility in the hotel. When I read your review, I question our efforts.

I have this afternoon checked the room in question with my manager and we are surprised to read your review. Never mind, I have said that we shall upgrade it - just months after the last refurbishment. I have also spoken to a regular client in Sweden who I find has stayed in that room (and many others in the hotel) and he says, "It's perfectly fine for me. I am happy to stay there again.....and as you know I would have told you, if I was not!"

Regarding the scaffolding, I am afraid that there is little we can do as you would see that this is NOT our building work.

What does surprise and disappoint me is that you do not say anything whilst you were here. We would most definitely have tried to change your room or helped in other ways. From your profile I find that you must have stayed when we had other rooms empty that we could have offered you.

As regards the receptionist, he is indeed new in Spain and from the sound of your review you are very familiar with Fuengirola so I am sorry he could not help you more. Again, after your review, I have spoken to him and feels that he can assist in most general enquiries - the type that the overwhelming majority of our guests would ask.

I can also tell you that we are delighted and proud to have received the Trip Advisor Award for 2012. Yes, we have won their "Certificate of Excellence". You may know that this is only voted on by guests and is thus especially important to us.

To finish, I thank you for taking the opportunity to send your review and I would be happy to communicate with you privately if you have further points. Next time you are in Fuengirola please do come to say, "hei" and let me show you the hotel. Your opinions would be valued.