“This hotel should take a holiday in February” 2 of 5 stars
Review of IPV Beatriz Palace Hotel & Spa

You added IPV Beatriz Palace Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
IPV Beatriz Palace Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A7 km.207,junto al Castillo Sohail, 29640 Fuengirola, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“This hotel should take a holiday in February”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having just returned from a one week stay at the Beatriz Palace, I feel I must write this review to give people an idea of our disappointment.

This hotel is sandwiched between a beach at the back(very nice) and a motorway at the fron door. It is so far outside Fuengirola that there are no local facilities and to reach the town we had to negotiate a motorway bridge to use the bus or pay 10E for a taxi each way.

On arrival the hotel was buzzing every bed was taken, so it appeared that we were in for an exciting week. out of the 570 people who were there on our first night the next morning 530 of them left and 40 of us reamained in the hotel for another week. Talk about a mauseoleum! They even closed the restaurant and sent us to their ground floor restaurant where the food went from average to appalling. For example one night the choice of meat was veal or rabbit stew or a fish dish of which the smell almost knocked me over . Everything was served with salad or frozen veg and followed, on occasions by tinned fruit

We went in February, being aware that the weather may be dodgy, chose this hotel because of the inside swimming pool. However, on our first day we discovered that to use the inside swimming pool would cost us 15E per person per hour, consequently we did not use it..

The only thing that made our stay bearable, were two lovely waiters called Daniel and Jacob, who were a delight and who did everything in their limited power to help us enjoy our stay.

we would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Gateshead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on the 20th Feb in order to complete some family business in Spain, As previously stated rooms are of a good size and the bathrooms are fab. The staff both on reception and in the restaurants were attentive at all times.The food was good both at breakfast and for our evening meal. What we particularly liked about the hotel was that it was quite quiet, with not a lot of people staying there and this suited us down to the ground. What i would say is that i would not like to stay there in peak season i can see it being extremely crowded and busy which is not for us I would however thoroughly recommend it for a short break.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent one night stay in February. The bedrooms are very large, warm, clean and a big balcany.
Mini bar in the room but like all hotels, expensive to use.
Big bathroom and the shower will knock you over.
We found two bars.
Restaurant is next to the large swimming pool.
Food is self service, excellent choices for all taste.
Situation is 30 minute walk from the centre of Fuengirola.

• Stayed February 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early November 2012 for 10 days on half board. I found the rooms comfortable the food choice very good with friendly helpful staff throughout. The hotel is situated on the beach and has well appointed gardens and good facilities.
The down side is its location, its on the western edge of Fuengirola and it takes 15 or 20 minutes walking to get to the bars, café’s and restaurants that are along the front of the resort. So if like us you only want a snack for lunch you need to spend some time making your way in and out of the resort to get it. The entertainment is on quite late in the evening thus those drinkers among you may need to make the above mentioned trip to the local bars to escape the typical hotel drink prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Benajarafe, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Impossible to fault. A large hotel with an unusual room numbering system . Gourmet restaurant La Alacena, tapas bar La Taurina, very large piano bar with a live pianist. All exceptional luxury. Not expensive . Located 2 km west of Fuengirola town centre, so difficult without a car. Motorway exit 205 with a U -turn over the motorway, NOT 207 if travelling from direction of Malaga and the airport, but exit 207 if coming from the direction of Gibraltar. Located on the beachfront paseo maritimo, which was very quiet mid November despite warm sunshine, with access to hotel gargen and pool area from the beach and walkway by security card only. The spa was great fun, with extra treatments if paid for. Wide choice of breakfast, including a glass of cava, and all other food was superbly prepared and presented. Service at reception exceptional. Perfect location if you don't want the town centre noise and parking problems of Fuengirola.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view with balcony facing south or west for the afternoon sun. Choice of large or singl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in October and although the hotel had some good points, the service was not one of them! I had been planning to travel with a friend, who could not make it, so for the first stay I had asked for a twin room. However, as I have a bad knee, which hurts less when stretched out, I asked for a double bed for my return visit. I asked for this and received a confirmation at the beginning of July. However, when I arrived I was told that they didn't have double rooms and, although this was not actually said, the attitude was "tough"!!! As I had asked and had confirmation in July, this was totally unacceptable.

Rooms at the Beatriz are a good size, but the decor is very dated. As a 4* hotel I would have expected a kettle to be available in the room, but it wasn't. To add to this, for the first time in over 20 years I was expected to pay to use the room safe!!

This hotel is very spread out and many of the rooms are a very long way from reception and apart from the maids, there does not seem to be many staff around the hotel. The best part of the stay was breakfast, as although I do not usually eat breakfast, I am an events director and felt I should experience breakfast, just in case I want to bring clients to this hotel in future - I won't be, but I didn't know that at the time. The breakfast was very good, with a very wide choice of items, as well as polite and efficient staff - pity some of these people did not work on the reception!

The location is nice, at a quiet end of Fuengirola, but near enough to enjoy all the resort has to offer if you want.

Room Tip: Rooms in Ronda block have great views of the sea and are fairly quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

this is one of the best hotels I ve stayed in. it was such a pleasure to discover that there are hotels like this in Spain. Everyone was so helpful and so polite. The hotel in it self it stunning. From the minute you step in you feel relaxed and looked after. Me and my friend decided to spend a day at the spa as the rain was keeping us away from the beach. I would really recommend the spa to everyone( girls and boys). There is something there for everyone and again everyone working there puts 110% in everything they do. If you are around please spend a bit of time at the spa. Our room was at the 3rd level and we had a sea view. It was amazing to wake up in the morning to that view and the sound of the waves. Only one word for this hotel AMAZING

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to IPV Beatriz Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!