“J Witty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Myramar Fuengirola Hotel

Save Saved
You added Myramar Fuengirola Hotel to your Saves list
Myramar Fuengirola Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle San Miguel 1 | Urb. Castillo de Myramar, 29640 Fuengirola, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 37 hotels in Fuengirola
Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
“J Witty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Returned from Myramar Beach Hotel on 28th September following a weeks stay. I would definately recommend this hotel, our room was spotless and the maids were in daily cleaning and replenishing our towels. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we didnt get a pool view and faced the tennis courts but it was still enjoyable sitting out on our good sized balcony. The shopping mall across the road was brilliant, especially due to the rain we had the last couple of days, it kept us entertained!! I thought the price of the alcohol in the hotel was very reasonable, just over 2 euros for a large glass of wine and the Happy Hour between 5-6pm was excellent, two for one on all drinks excluding bottled beers and cocktails. I was also impressed with the courtesy room they had including shower cubicles and hairdryers. The only negative for us what that there was only the small bar open and no entertainment but then we did expect that due to the time of year we went away but a taxi ride to Fuengirola never cost us more than 7 euros. I would definately return to this hotel again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you in name of all the Myramar hotel staff for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
We hope to see you soon!!
Kind regards

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Returned on 23 September 2012 following a week's stay at Hotel Myramar.

Apartment was spotlessly clean with bins and towels changed daily. The pool area is excellent. However, as I was there off season, I'm not sure how busy the area would be in high season but there appeared to be plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.

The main pool bar/restaurant closed the day I arrived which was a little disappointing but the smaller bar, which was more than adequate, was still open and the lovely outdoor seating area of the larger bar could still be used.

I am a bit miffed by so many people saying the hotel is a bit far out. The 'strip' type area along the seafront is about 15 minutes walk and the lovely, more upmarket Plaza de Constitucion (with gorgeous tapas bars and restaurants - I highly recommend) is about 10 minutes walk over the main bridge. Plus you have a massive shopping centre with fast food, go karting, cinema and god knows what else right on your doorstep, if that's the kind of thing you're after. Anyhow, the taxi rank is over the road at the shopping centre and a cab costs from 6 to 9 Euros (depending on time of day) to get to either.

My only criticism would be that we stayed at the hotel to eat one evening, a buffet which is open from 7.30pm to 10.30pm. We arrived at 8.30pm and the food was definitely cold - a shame as the quality of the food was in my opinion good.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and patiently tried to help me learn a bit more Spanish. I would like to say to the Hotel Management that I feel your staff are a credit to the hotel and work very hard for you.

I was in block 3 (I think with the tennis courts behind) which gets the last of the sun each day should you want to cling to the last of it every day!

I would recommend this hotel for those who love to laze by the pool and like a bit of low key nightlife (restaurants/bars/street theatre) in the evenings. There are also the opportunities to go to Tangiers and Gibraltar (I did the latter and it is about 2 hours drive there and back)

Finally, I would like to add that the comments I have read in other reviews regarding sewerage smells: this is not sewerage but is actually the temporary smell from the tidal river behind the hotel. Also did not see ANY rats (saw one lovely cat though!)

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion in Tripadvisor, and your kind comments about the staff and the hotel.
We hope to see you soon.

Best regards from Myramar Hotel.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Got back from the myramar castle on the 6th sept after staying 1 week there, no real negatives against the hotel only the nightlife for the guests (inc) kids was not on everynight, don't get me wrong the two girls MARTA and LAILA worked their socks off and were fantastic with the kids and very friendly but the hotel management could have put something on for the guests when the girls were on their night off ( 2 nights in the week).
The pool was tremendous, can't comment really on the indoor pool as i never used it but it looked very nice.
The poolside bar was a little expensive ( 1 beer and a vodka and coke was 10 euros 10 cents)
which is not really a suitable price when you want to stay in the hotel of a nightime with the kids.
Bus stop outside the hotel was great for going into Fuengirola town/beach (10-15 min walk)where you can catch the train to Benalmadena or Torremolinos.
We went self-catering with the two kids so never used the restaurant.
The massive shopping mall across the road is ace for all your food and drink needs (well worth a trip).
Go to the BIO-PARC and TIVOLI WORLD with the kids but the aquapark in torremolinos is roughly 180 euros for a family of 4.

A GOOD HOTEL AND STAFF. WOULD GO BACK IF IT WAS A LITTLE CLOSER TO THE TOWN AND BEACH.
The Connolly Family.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a poolside view as there is nothing to look at other wise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment and the time to share your opinion.

We hope yo see you again.

Best regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just back on 9th sept from 1 week here. all positive, apart from on arrival at1pm on sunday, our rooms were not ready, and nothing was offered to us as an apology, after the flight and high temperatures, a complimentary drink would have eased the pain! when we got our room it was v gud, we were on 6th floor in main block. suggestion for any1 booking. ASK for BLOCK 3 as the sun hits this from afternoon to evening. ours was in the shade come evening. GREAT shopping centre accross the road, bus to town every 30 mins as well. Dunnes Stores, LIDL & ICELAND all within minutes of here - great wine offers in LIDL!! we visited BIOPARC when we were there, went GO KARTING on the shopping centre roof. FISH ALLEY is great area for food, we too HORSE & CART around town for my birthday. 2 girls doing entertainment were EXELLENT - down side of apartment - no ice box in fridge for lollies / ice. kettle had to be boiled on the ring instead of electric

Room Tip: block 3 facing pool - avoid facing tennis courts - noise and also can be a bit of a smell from river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear guest,

We are sorry to know that your room was not ready when you arrived, and you are totally right about the complimentary drink. However we are happy to know that you had nice holidays in our hotel and would like to thank you for sharing your opinion.
We are waiting to see you soon.
Best regards from Myramar Hotel
Haworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Enjoyed a three night stay here in early September. Room wasn't ready on arrival - an hour later and I was given a room overlooking the pool. It was very clean and well equipped for the price with a mini kitchenette and a bathroom which featured a separate shower. I strongly suggest you ask for a pool facing room as the views to other sides of the building are not that attractive - in fact one is a building site at the moment. I also suggest you avoid building 2 if you prefer it quiet late at night as the 'entertainment' consisted of lots of amplified shouting (a quiz I think) and it went on until midnight.Breakfast is generally good though the concentrated orange juice is awful.

Staff are professional and friendly. The hotel has an indoor as well as outdoor pool and also gym facilities though I did not try them out as it didn't open until 10am, by then I have run, showered and had breakfast!

The main negative about this hotel is the location. Fifteen to twenty minute walk to the beach and resort centre, ten minutes to the nearest supermarket. There are soft drinks vending machines in the hotel but incredibly they do not work until after midnight which was a real irritant.

It is called Myramar Castle but you will need a room on the fourth or fifth floor in either blocks 1 or 3 if you want to see the actual castle and even then there is a huge, ugly shopping mall partially obstructing the view.

All in all I would return to this hotel for a family break as it represents good value for money, despite the flaws.

Room Tip: Pool view in block 1 (at the left end towards block 3) or block 3. High floor for better views incl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you to share your opinion and we take note of your comment.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I chose the Myramar Castle Beach for a long weekend away with one of my friends, at the time of booking we had a set budget for hotel accommodation and the Myramar fell into this budget.

I found the staff at the check-in desk were friendly as we're all staff that I encountered during my stay. I would say that my room was basic yet functional for my needs, the bathroom had a separate walk in shower that was powerful and the water was always hot. Air conditioning in the room was excellent , room was always cool. The room was immaculately clean when I arrived, and was given that same degree of cleaning by the housekeeping each day.

The breakfast was a buffet of cold meats, hot food, fresh fruit and pastries, nothing too complicated but enough to start your day.

When I booked this hotel I didn’t pay too much attention to the location and this could be a factor based upon your needs and your itinerary. It was a brisk 15-minute walk to the beach or a 25-minute walk to the old town. Supermarket next door 5 minutes.

Couple of points that irritate me and I feel it's a captive greed thing from the management/company firstly having to pay for the Internet, and secondly providing a safe in your room but having to pay to use it. There was a great big sticker on the front of the safe saying rent me? Followed by a warning "The management cannot be held responsible for any items not locked in the safe". So to the management are you saying your rooms are not very safe or secure? If that's the case then storage of your valuables in the safe should be one of your high priorities. Capitalising on your guest’s fear of losing their valuables in my opinion is a bit low.

If I was heading back to Fuengirola again with my friends, I wouldn't return to this hotel due to its location and the fact it's a family resort, however as a family man with younger kids I would possibly consider booking as a short family break.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback and you kind post. Indeed we are a Family Hotel, where you can take advantage of the services, entertainment, huge swimming pool.....

We hope to see you in Myramar Hotel in another accasion.

Best regards,
cork,ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

just back today ,sun sept 9th ,from myramar castle beach hotel/apt,had a really great time,and my 9 yr old had the best holiday ever,(his words)the kids activities wre top notch ,and marta ,and the lady with her really got all the kids involved,whether it was mini golf,water polo,drawing ,they all enjoyed themselves,its a really nice ,family geared hotel,wit a superp shopping centre on your doorstep,with k.f.c/burger king/cinema etc all there and more,thre was bingo,kids disco ,and othere shows from each tues on,we watced a great magic show,parrot show ,and they even had an eagle show on one afternoon,the pool is superb,and manned by 2 lifeguards,and the staff are v good,and the whole place was spotless,id reccmend it to anyone,but to families with young kids its made for you,my son and i will be back early next yr,go for it.

Room Tip: we stayed in the main block,2nd floor ,room 1209,had a great view,had the sun nearly all day,near re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
comercialhotel, sales department at Myramar Fuengirola Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind opinion, and we are very happy to know that your kid had the best holidays ever.

We hope to see you next year.

Best regards from Myramar Hotel.

Been to Myramar Fuengirola Hotel? Share your experiences!