“Don't think All Inclusive. Think Full Board plus Free drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Las Palmeras Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo s / n, 29640 Fuengirola, Spain   |
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Don't think All Inclusive. Think Full Board plus Free drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Me and my daughter, my son and his best mate have just enjoyed a really great week at Las Palmeras. The location is central, two mins from beach and shops, five mins from bus and train stations. Clubs and pubs are literally across the street. They are great fun and they do love to party so if you want a quiet holiday, this is not for you.The hotel rooms are decent size, super air con with big balconies. The pool is great, it's on the fifth floor with brilliant views of the harbour (and free from street sellers). The pool opens at 10am so no sneaky sun bed nabbers. There's a pool bar from 11am - 7pm. The hotel staff are really helpful and Carlos 'the magic' waiter is great fun.
Now my main observation is for people who have lots of experience with All Inclusive holidays. This is not your typical AI. You get three meals a day, there is not as much choice as I've had before but there really is enough and the food is good - plus they do vary the menu each day (we did not go hungry). There is no snack bar which you normally expect but we didn't miss it and our waist bands benefited too! You can buy crisps and snacks (pizza) from the pool bar. The choice of free local drinks is vast. Being central in the buzzing Fuengirola there's loads to do by day and by night. There is an entertainment team but again this is not typical AI. There's stuff going on but again not as much as we've previously experienced. However, if you get out and about and take in what's going on in local vicinity and add a touch of hotel entertainment you'll get the most out of your holiday. Final tips for Sun worshippers and All Inclusive lovers, take your own towels, the safe in our room was free and there was a fridge in the room. Also I recommend you hire a sunbed on the beach, they have the most comfortable 'bed like' cushion covers. Only 4.50 EUR for full day and the best cat naps.

Room Tip: We had two rooms with spectacular views. One faced the clubs, the other didn't. The club side wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Las Palmeras Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear PK482013,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review regarding the recent stay at Las Palmeras.
We are pleased to hear you had a great time with us and that you will be back soon!!!
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel to stop in. Breakfast is good, as there is a lot of choice for all tastes, the pool is a decent size and kept clean and tidy and hotel staff are friendly. Room are a generous size and are kept clean and tidy as-well. Safes are available for an extra cost, which is generally expected but air-con is free. Would definitely stop here again great for all type of holiday goers and in a very central location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Las Palmeras Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the Hotel Las Palmeras, we would like to thank you for having chosen us ofr your stay in Costa del Sol.
It has been a great pleasure for us to have you here. We are proud to know that you felt very comfortable in our hotel and you enjoyed our services.
We hope to welcome you as soon as possible.
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travelled to Las palmeras with my 16 year old daughter, my partner and my mother in law. When we arrived it was a pleasant hotel with a nice presence in the area. right across from the local night spots which done the rest of the party well.
Yes the rooms are basic but very comfy, the air con is free but be carefull if you leave that on and you have little or no covers you will freeze.
The hotel seems to have 4 bars but only one opens (not inclusive of the pool bar) there are two bars in the lobby down stairs which I really think should have been open as they looked very nice.
The reception were very helpful. 1st night I asked for 2 extra pillows - no problem for them at all.

The food was a bit repetitive, my partner does not like pork or fish, but that is more of a personal thing. I found the found edible at all times (the coffee in the morning is fantastic)

Also I emailed the management before we arrived and asked for 2 quiet rooms, this was no problem and provided to us.

I didnt really like the bars across the road, but my daughter and partner did and stayed out til 3ish each morning. but on the same side further up the road youn will find coco's a very friendly bar run by one gentleman (a well travelled gentleman) and although he does not do food. he has a deal with the restaurant next door who will supply pretty much anything you ask for and charge you seperatly do that there is no confusion.

The train and bus stations are 5 mins away and I reccomend spending the €3.40 day return and go all the way to Benalmedina and work your way back, (nice bar right out side Caravjal station).

Across the road toward the marina - CHECK THIS OUT, there are lots of hidden bars and the occassional live music (which is banned in Fuengirola!)

So overall yes this Hotel must have been very grand in its day but sadly is a little run down. but for comfort and for what a holiday should be it fits the bill! I would consider going back with friends.

PS it is not a scrap yard outside - it is a citroen garage and they store cars there. it is not as unsightly as previously described.

Does not deserve some of the terrible comments on here

Room Tip: Email the place, ask for a marina/back facing room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Las Palmeras Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks a lot of for your review, the high rating you gave us and your nice comments, there are very appreciated. We are very happy to hear your found our hotel fabolous and you enjoyed your holidays with us as that is the most important thint to us. It is always lovely to see guests comming back for another nice holidays, so we hope you decide to stay us another visit soon.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just got back from a 7 nights stay at the Las Plameras Hotel. We weren't impressed at all - the hotel is very dated, hotel staff not friendly at all. There were alot of Spanish staying there - I think some of them actually lived in the hotel. The food wasn't good - very boring and not very warm either. We are just glad we didn't go all inclusive!! The gentleman who takes the money for the drinks in the restuarant was a total misery - he threw our change at my partner one day. We weren't impressed with the customer service at all. The pool was small and they wouldn't allow lilos or balls in it which was disappointing for our children as we had already bought one from one of the shops. It was dirty the pool but on our last day I did see quite alot of feathers floating around. There was a bit of entertainment around the pool during the day. Aqua Aerobics and water polo - they guy which did these was very friendly - it was nice to be acknowledged as the other staff were so miserable. They did seem to be something going for younger children during the day also and those staff seemed friendly. We had two rooms - ours was on the second floor without a view other than a scrap yard and blocks of not very nice apartments. The other room was across from ours and that was overfacing a few noisy bars and a nightclub. We took a taxi one day to Mijas - it was beautiful there - we didn't want to go back to our hotel after seeing the nice accommodation there. Another evening we took the bus to Marbella and ate out there on the front which was lovely. We have stayed there before and also Puerto Banus. After been to those resorts we felt it was a bit of a come down staying in Fuengirola. We also went to the water park for the day which was nice - it was a change from sitting around the pool listening to all the Spanish!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Fuengirola, as well as for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry that your holidays did not meet your expectations. It's very important to let us know to improve our services. Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

On arrival the people at reception were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has an older feel to it and could do with some updating. The room was basic but had everything we needed. It was in a great location. Right outside are the pubs and clubs of the area and there is a supermarket not far down the road not to mention the beach is right across the road. I loved the location and would stay again just for this, we didn't spend much time in the room with going out at night and then going on trips during the day so it was fine for us. We didn't try the food but we heard it wasn't that good. We found a lovely Chinese restaurant not far away with great service and value for money. The hotel is in walking distance from the train as well. We had a positive enough stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Las Palmeras Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments!!!It is a pleasure to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. We hope to see you soon.
Best regards from Hotel Las Palmeras
Pembrokeshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just back from 7 day holiday here. Not impressed!
We travelled with 4 children aged from 11 to 7 and my parents. The pool was small and did not open until 10.00am, seagulls used the pool as a bath in the evening and therefore the pool was full of feathers in the morning, there were also lots of swimming bugs in there as well. When snorkelling you can hardly see in front of you as the water was so murky. My youngest could not put her feet down in any part of the pool as it is deep all the way down. There is a baby pool but it is tiny! No lilos or balls allowed either!!
We chose all inclusive so the children could help themselves to drinks, snacks and ice-creams etc, however, only drinks are included in this, but not fruit juice. The A.I also stops the night before you leave, so even though we weren't leaving until the afternoon we were told we had to pay for anything at the pool side bar. The dismal bar only serves A.I. until 11.00pm and then you have to pay.
Most staff were friendly towards us and the children, however, my youngest was told off quite severely for picking a bread roll out of the basket with her hand rather than using the tongs!
The food is dire. I am a vegetarian and there was absolutely no choice. The salads ( named Salade contrast and other exciting names) are basically a mash up of yesterdays left overs smothered in mayonnaise. The children found very little to eat apart from chips and there were many trips to the local Burger king. My mother also spent 3 days with vomiting and diarrhea after eating one of the fish concoctions.
The location, although central and close to the beach, is right next door to a very busy nightclub which goes on through most of the night. there was also a large drunken fight outside this club one night. There was always a large police presence in the vicinity at night, lots of prostitutes and dealers. My father was propositioned on many an occasion.
Although advertised as having entertainment don't be fooled. Live music equals a man on a portable organ. There is a tango show but you have to pay 10 euros each to get into this.
Not for families and not worth doing all inclusive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just back from a ten day holiday in the las palmeras hotel on the 4/7/2013.We were all-inclusive but breakfast lunch and dinner were not good.Food was cold and not much variety for a 4 star hotel .The all-inclusive did not have a snack bar at the pool if you had a wanted crisps our any snack you had to pay50% so to me that was not all inclusive.The pool was disgusting it needs a good revamp I did not see any body even clean it and you were not allowed to use your rubber ring I can not swim so I could not use the pool.There was no entertainment just a guy playing recorded music.The rooms was clean and the hotel was central to bus and train station but I am so glad to be home saved up all year I might as well threw my money away.It has put me completely of holiday again.I told the girls in Thomas cook never send any body to this hotel.There was a lot of Spanish people coming in to the hotel at lunch time they must have come in on bus tours so you could hardly get a seat in dining room to me they were only catering for the Spanish people so please take my advice and stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Las Palmeras Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We inform you that we will pass your comments to the management of the hotel and take note about all recomendations. With our best regards,

Been to Las Palmeras Hotel? Share your experiences!