“Visit in march” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Miguel Marquez 43, 29640 Fuengirola, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
“Visit in march”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The charwomen came daily to clean and change the towels, all the floors can be reached by lifts.
The dinner was not that good (not really a taste), but ok.
Absolutely positive is the view to the ocean and the small distance to the beach

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've just returned from a week at the Las Piramides, stayed 1st march to 8th march. I was meant to be in the 3* Itaca but was changed to here, which was a nice surprise. I was in my room within 90 seconds of arriving and the girl on reception was very pleasant.

The Hotel is set back from the sea front. Couple of bars just outside its main entrance, otherwise its onto the seemingly endless promenade.

My room was on the 6th floor, near the lifts (which was quite handy). the room was a nice size, with a small bathroom. The view from my balcony was excellent (beach, sea with a few buildings and to the rear was a view of the town).

There was a mini-fridge and a big TV on the desk as well. What I didn't realise at first was the room's keycard also activated the electricity to the room (i put the card in the slot next to the door).

I stayed bed and breakfast although i never partook of any because i was always having a lie in (although i believe the food is excellent).

Staff excellent, room excellent. I would stay here again. thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My partner and I spent a week here 1-8th March and found the hotel very good staff are friendly and helpful. Don't know what it's like in summer months but at this time of year certainly good for older couples as just off main promenade which goes on for what seems like miles - full of baras shops and restaurants (one bar in particular to go to is The Sand Dancer Ruth and Paul make u feel really welcome and nothing u ask for is a bother to them). The hotel is also very handy for both the bus station and train station. All in all I would recommend Las Piramides and would certainly consider going back.

Room Tip: High floor in main block have good side sea views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel, and I have to say having read the reviews I was more than a little concerned......but, I'm pleased to report this hotel for the money is more than adequate, it's clean, tidy and the staff friendly.
Don't stay away because of some of the negative reviews, there's an old saying....you can't please all of the people, all of the time!

Stayed February 2014
Tenby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

we had a short break here and found the hotel comfortable and the choice of food plentiful.the staff were pleasant snd helpful.As it was february the outdoor pool was freezing,but the indoor pool was nice and warm.It wasnt too far to walk to the town or train station and a short stroll down the sea front brought you to some nice bars,like the Tahiti bar.Would go back again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 405 which had a sea veiw
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Granada, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Contrary to Pixie88's review I think this hotel is quite good. Ok it was very quiet when we visited in December but the hotel itself is a normal tourist hotel in this area.
The hotel has a good location at the Castle end of Fuengirola, set one street back from the sea front. It is quite a large hotel with all rooms, apart from the suites, having a side sea view.
Knowing this area very well we stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and visited the friendly local restaurants for other meals. We thought breakfast was good with a choice of either cold buffet, cereal, cheese, meat, fruit and bread or a hot choice of whatever you asked for.We decided on bacon and eggs. Yes the hot choice was bought to our table by the waiter but he was very polite and did say " buen provecho" which means " bon appetite" and it was freshly cooked not from the buffet!
The rooms were clean and bright and the bathroom was more than adequate.
We didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were busy doing other things. The shops are only a few minutes walk away, there is an abundance of bars and restraunts on the doorstep and Miramar is about a fifteen minute walk. We are more than happy to go back again.

The Hair Dresser is super, she speaks a tiny bit of English but makes sure she understands what you want before she does anything, and her prices are very competitive!

Room Tip: Just ask at reception before you go up as to where the room is. If you want a sea view and there is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Spooky is the word I would use to describe this hotel. When we arrived there was nobody around, just a girl behind the reception. She gave us a room with a view of the reception roof and back street. We went back and asked for another room and she gave us a room opposite ours with a good view of the sea. Why she didn't give that room to start with, I don't know. We later found out there were only 18 guests staying in this hotel, which made her decision on giving us the first room even more peculiar. The corridors were so dark, the atmosphere was more like from a murder mystery than a package tour hotel. The outside covered pool was heated and very warm.
Dinner was appalling, just appalling. We were on HB basis. It wasn't a buffet, but instead we were handed a menu. On the menu there were no vegetarian options. I then asked if I could have something without meat. They brought me a plate of chips, frozen peas and carrots and tinned mushrooms! My husband liked the fish and chips he got for dinner.
We had noisy neighbours so were kept awake during the night.
The next day we rang our travel agent and asked to change hotel. We didn't have dinner again at this hotel.
Breakfast was ok, just ok. At the first breakfast we had a young guy who was really nice and helpful. The following morning we had an older waiter. He asked us if we wanted anything hot. My husband ordered an omelette, when the waiter brought it to the table, he said Adios! Not Bon Appetite, enjoy or anything, just Adios. Well, Adios it was to the whole hotel, we will not be back.
As for the location, it is too far from the centre and anything interesting. We paid 7 euros for taxi from Fuengirola train station to the hotel and then 5 euros back to the train station. It is too far to walk if you have luggage. The good point is that the hotel is on the promenade although some walk to bars. The Sunday market is literally round the corner, but I would not go out of this hotel on my own after dark. The area seems a bit dodgy.

Room Tip: Go and ask for another room if you're not happy with the first one
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Las Piramides? Share your experiences!