“Great value for money, exceptionally clean” 5 of 5 stars

Plaza San Sebastian
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza de San Sebastian 4, 29200 Antequera, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Antequera
spain
“Great value for money, exceptionally clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This typical Spanish rustic style hotel is great value for money, exceptionally clean, has charming, helpful staff. Very good location, right in the centre of town. Very secure, nearby parking for an additional charge, well worth it as I guess parking would be difficult otherwise. Receptionist/owner extremely helpful, recommended very good restaurants, places to go etc. Having read other people's reviews we asked for a room away from the road and had no problem sleeping whatsoever, beds very comfortable, in fact we overslept! In the adjacent bar/restaurant which shares the same name as the hotel, (not sure if they are connected at all, don't think so) we ordered breakfast, the food was good but the service dreadful. Didn't eat there again but it was always busy so maybe we were just unlucky with our waitress. Will definitely go back to the hotel when we are next in Antequera.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Barrybigones
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fabulous location - clean, great staff, great value. The downside is the noise. I was still awake at 4am with the noise of people, honking horns etc, then awake again at 9 to the sound of the church bells opposite my window.

If you can sleep through that then this is the place to stay. I think there may be quieter rooms and it is definitely worth requesting one of these.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel looks lovely on line and so, after checking that it was a few minutes' walk away from the station, I booked. I arrived at the main station, Antequera Santa-Ana (ie the line that goes between the main cities - Seville, Cordoba, Madrid, Malaga) to find that I was in the middle of nowhere, facing a €28 taxi ride (prices go up on Sunday) into town. As I was staying for only one night and travelling alone, it wasn't worth the price, so I waited 3 hours - fabulous view into the sierra - and jumped on the next train to Malaga. At Malaga, I checked out how I'd get the train back to the local station, Antequera Pueblo, and they told me not to bother: I'd be better to get the bus. I never made it to the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mijas, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Basic but very clean and great location. Arguably the best square to be in and right by one of only four tourist bus stops and also opposite the tourist office. Would definitely recommend the electric tourist bus which is just 8 euros for 24 hours.Does what it says on the tin and fantastic value to boot. The people too are lovely. You step outside the door into historic Antequera and the church opposite is absolutely beautiful. We availed ourselves of the hotel parking nearby which is now 9 euro for 24 hours but was well worth it. Minor gripes are the 'hold the button down' hairdryer and the hard floors left it somewhat cool at this time of year and a bit noisy with ladies heels on the tiles. For info there is a lift.
Loads to see in Antequera and we didn't have enough time but we'll be back and will definitely stay in this hotel. An extra bonus was that they accepted our chihuahua. We also have to recommend the Taberna de Flamenco less than five minutes walk from the hotel which had live flamenco on the Saturday afternoon and which had posters suggesting they had it most Saturdays. It was a truly memorable and moving experience. We would also recommend Bar Rincon de Lola nearby for a nightcap.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street maybe noisy but so are rear rooms if you have heavy ladies heels nearby so on ba...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed a night here along with my mother and father in-law for one night. I was a bit concerned prior to arriving at the hotel considering the price we paid but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our room was very basic but my in-laws' room was really nice and had great view of the square (although it was pretty noisy as there was a bit football match on the night we were there). We did a tour of Andalucia and this was the cheapest hotel we found by far and it was the only one which had breakfast included.

It is far from luxurious but it was fine for our one night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the square however it is noisy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent location across from the church and in a busy location. Parking was good - chargeable and a few streets away from Hotel. Cleanest place we have every stayed! The staff were very friendly. Twin beds a little small. The only problem was the noise from the street as very busy location. We did ask for a room at the back but lost in translation I guess. If we had been staying more than the one night we would have asked for another room but fine for the one night. Lovely busy town with lots of atmosphere. Breakfast was only toast and coffee/tea so not worth paying extra - ours was included. Had good tapas at a bar just a few paces away up the hill (sorry, can't remember the name!).

Room Tip: A room away from the street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manilva, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Family and I stayed in a 3 bed family room for 1 night in October 2012.
I wasn’t expecting much as we only paid £40 for the 4 of us but I was very pleased with the cleanliness and size of the room.
Parking can be arranged from reception for a very reasonable 7 euros a day/night and is a 30 second walk from the hotel.
Check in/out was simple and the staff we encountered were friendly and polite.
There's a bar next door that provides good quality reasonably priced meals and the town centre is only a short walk.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Plaza San Sebastian? Share your experiences!