“My second visit to the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Globales Reina Cristina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Conferencia s/n, 11207 Algeciras, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Algeciras
Machynlleth
“My second visit to the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

After enjoying our first visit to Hotel Reina Cristina last October we visited the hotel again this year from 15 June to 22 June and we were not disappointed.
The hotel room and grounds are beautifully maintained and food throughout our stay was delicious. The staff are friendly and all requests were dealt efficiently and with a smile.We would love to visit this hotel again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing, on the Trip Advisor, your opinions about your stay at Globales Reina Cristina .We are glad to know, when we read, on your review, that you spent your holidays wonderfully among us.
We appreciate enormously all your complimentary comments about our hotel, and we thank you for the opinion you expressed about our staff, we appreciate it.

Wishing you visit Globales Reina Cristina next 2015.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Chipstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been to this hotel twice before and have always enjoyed myself. My sister and her husband visit Reina Cristina several times a year. I travelled with them and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very welcome. The weather, company and surroundings were wonderful. We are hopefully going back to celebrate New Year at Reina Cristina, and I am sure we will all have a great time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear customer,

Thank you for your wonderful review,this kind of comments are the ones that made us feel proud of our job ,and give us the impulse to carry on giving the best of all our team members in order to archive our main goal ,provide the best well deserved holiday experience to our costumers.

We hope to see you back soon for another great holidays.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here as it was close to Gibraltar which is where we where going the next day. We were with another couple and received 2 rooms that where on the top floor with balconies and in one of the suites. Lots of history with the hotel. We did not eat supper here, but walked into the town to find a local restaurant. Rooms were clean, The pool was nice, mini golf course did not appear to be maintained. Breakfast was included and was buffet with lots of choice. Front desk staff spoke English but bar staff by the pool had limited English.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay in Globales Reina Cristina.
It seems you had an excellent stay and enjoyed what we had to offer.
We strive to adhere to our guests every need above and beyond their expectations and I hope this is what you encountered with us.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and i will be making sure that i pass on your comments as the whole of the staff will be very much grateful for it.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon
Best regards

Thank you very much .
Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

As others have advised, no transfer was at McD. I suspect transfers aren't arranged and anyone who phones in a panic like I did are told to walk back towards Gibraltar and take a taxi. But I did have a pleasant driver and was quite surprised when we drove up to the hotel as it is scenic, if you ignore the port in the near distance. The AC in the room is struggling to cool the room. The staff generally struggle to understand my strong English accent but they are very helpful and can't be faulted. Complimentary Cava, although I don't drink, and they also provided some biscuits. But about four hours later when I fancied a nibble I saw there were ants all over the plate which had been sealed with cling film so I don't know if they were there on delivery as an appetiser. I took them straight to reception at arms length and they sent someone straight up with bug spray. I had emailed in advance asking for help with tours but have been printed a map and advised to use a bus. As a single traveller this doesn't appeal and I prefer to pay for a guided tour so am now scrabbling on internet trying to organise this. I may ask reception to try and give a couple of companies a call shortly and help me arrange it as I have no Spanish but I'm not sure if I should. But to end on a positive note, the staff are very lovely and trying to help and it does seem to be a very quiet hotel as I wandered to the pool after lunch and there were only three people there so getting a sunbed doesn't look like it will be an issue, plus I have a private balcony, if I'm not too scared there may be more ants.

Room Tip: I had a twin port view room for which I paid extra. I would have much preferred a double bed as it...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in our hotel.
We sincerely value our customers' opinions because they always help us to improve our service for future customers.
There are always many aspects we need to work on to make our hotel better and you have certainly helped us do that. We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy our improvements and give us the opportunity of serving you as you very well deserve
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel is well located for the port. That's where it's appeal ends.

The food was buffet style, bland and dry.

Staff overall friendly but was barked at by 1 waiter in an accusatory manner to check I had paid for me €1 espresso before leaving the dining room. I had, to another waiter.

I requested late check out of 14:00 when I arrived which was agreed. In the morning when I came to query something I was rudely informed that I would have to check out at 12:00 as late check out was not possible.

The receptionist began raising her voice and flapping her list of bookings for the day telling me it was impossible. I explained that I had made plans around having a late check out. She then huffily I told me "ok ok" and had a very dismissive manner.

Went to my room to shower and change at 13:15. Whilst standing half undressed a gentlemen opened the door with a card key. He was the new guest!! With embarrassment he left and I tried to call reception who did not answer.

Then again at 13:40 a staff member barged in the room with a list, obviously coming to check that the gentleman was correct in saying the room was occupied. Why come in so abruptly?

When I went to check out I advised the originally rude receptionist what happened and she shrugged. Repeating that the hotel was busy.

In all my years of travelling I have never had my room opened by another guest. As a solo female traveller my safety was very much compromised.

I would not stay here again and do not recommend it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Peterborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel has lots of character & nice public areas. The pool is good with plenty of sunbeds.
The terrace bar is a nice place to relax and enjoy a drink & tapa's.
The staff are friendly and hard working.
Our room, whilst a little tired looking was comfortable & had all the amenities to help make our stay comfortable (e.g: fairly comfortable bed, air con, fridge, tea & coffee making facilities, balcony, nice shower, safety deposit box, flat screen tv, plenty of wardrobe space).
The buffet style eating was generally good both @ breakfast & dinner. There was normally plenty of choice. However, on a Friday / Saturday the place is overrun by customers, many locals & there are insuffient staff to cover the demand. So tables are not cleared / relaid & the buffet resembles a bomb site. Then there are long waits to order an after dinner drink @ the terrace bar (we waited 30 minutes just to be acknowledged).
Overall we enjoyed our stay but the lack of staff / service on Friday's / Saturday's was a disappointment and has detrimentaly effected our rating.

Room Tip: We had 262 & it was fine, quiet & had a garden view from the balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel is in an industrial port and does not provide the entertainment that may be expected in other Spanish resorts but nevertheless it is a beautiful property for a relaxing stay. Overall there are signs of wear but the rooms and outdoor areas are kept very clean. (Remember not to sit under the orange trees when on the patio!)
On a downside: The local beach has beautiful sand but the shuttle bus wasn't running when we visited. There was no 'tourist information' in the reception area but there is an information office in the nearby shopping area. We certainly found a car useful for a few days to explore the area and Cadiz and Gibraltar are worth visiting. (Public transport from the hotel to Gibraltar is apparently very reasonable and there are trains to Ronda)

Our major disappointment was that we believed this was an adult only hotel and although there were no children among the guests there were two children's parties during our stay. The pool was very suddenly taken over by about 25 children doing what they do in party mood and the tranquility of the adults was lost.Those of us reading by the pool were well and truly splashed as they jumped in the water squealing loudly. This may not have been so bad if we had been advised in advance as we would have planned to spend time elsewhere. Several other functions were held during our week and I appreciate the hotel needs to make money but this certainly spoiled our visit especially as it happened twice and I believe we missed a third children's event while we were out.

Additionally we were not picked up from the collection point as advised in our travel documents. Eventually we telephoned the hotel and they advised us to take a taxi which they would pay for - and they did with no problem although we had been standing, waiting to be collected for over half an hour. The hotel staff were at all times polite but apparently non-pick up is a common occurrence and not all travellers have a mobile with them.

On a positive note the food was good at breakfast and dinner and the town centre is just a few minutes walk away to sample local markets and shops. It was good to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room and we were supplied with extra milk when we asked. A nice touch was the fresh fruit and water provided on the first day. We enjoyed our stay but would not return.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the rear garden may have noise from functions on the patio below but the double gl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality M, Director General at Hotel Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Kind regards

Been to Hotel Globales Reina Cristina? Share your experiences!