Stayed at the hotel last month while attending a wedding nearby. We were not overly impressed with Lawless’ and won’t be returning.
- Room itself was very small and smelled musty. There was a water stain on the ceiling / wall and down part of the wall. Plaster and paint cracking on walls/ceiling. Room with a view of... nothing, as there was another roof in front of the window blocking any view. Small rickety stained furniture. One of the light fixtures didn’t work.
- Bathroom light was very faint, shower knob fell off while in the shower and, although the water pressure was OK, the water temperature never got warmer than “room temperature” – so it was basically a cold shower. Then my partner said he thought the bathroom hadn’t been cleaned after he lifted the toilet seat….
- The bed was uncomfortable and lumpy, and both my partner and I woke up with scratches on our backs! Assuming it’s from springs that were out of place…?! The sheets were clean, but the blanket was scratchy.
- Location of the room was at the top of the main stairs and there was a door between the corridor and the stairs, so any time anyone came up or down the door banged shut behind them.
- There were heavy curtains in front of the window, but as the window was a “bay” (angled out) we got light in the room from about 7am. Then children were shouting and running up and down the corridor from about 7.30am so no more sleep. Wide awake at 8am when I was hoping for a rare lie-in…
- Staff were friendly
- Breakfast was OK. I’m stretching here to make it a “pro” but I ate it all
- Aughrim is a beautiful village and the surrounding countryside is gorgeous
When we were leaving, I saw one of the cleaners left the door to another bedroom open at the end of the hall – I looked in and it was a massive room, with a beautiful big bed (must be the “honeymoon suite”?), very spacious with more modern furniture. If we had stayed there I might have a slightly different opinion of the place… oh well.
Ask for the "big room at the end of the hall" if you can get it!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.