“Fantastic!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilamar Hotel

Hilamar Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mullingar
Hilamar Hotel
You added Hilamar Hotel to your Saves list
Main Street | Kinnegad, Mullingar, Ireland   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mullingar
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Myself and my work colleagues have enjoyed every minute of are stay at the hilamar hotel. The rooms are a large size and the showers are superb.Breakfast's "the works" are every mans dream.
Great credit should go to Dotty and Catriona for being the friendliest bar staff I have ever encountered on my travels.

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
clare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Just to let anyone know who might book this hotel, "DON'T". I, my husband & my father had the misfortune to stay there on Saturday, 8th January 2011. Ordered dinner at 8.10 p.m., checked when it hadn't arrived by 8.50, to be told that our order was not processed & the kitchen was now closed. They offered us sandwiches. Our bedrooms were above their function room, with music blaring. Asked to be moved, which we were up to the 2nd floor, my father's room wasn't made up, our room had no central heating. It was -5 outside. We had no heating for the night. The worst part is they insisted we pay when we checked in! No Manager to complain to, They don't deserve guests.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Can't believe this hotel has Michelin stars stickers on entrance!
Both male and female toilets were disgusting (broken seats, lose toilet paper, dirty floor, no soap.
We were very wary but gave it 2nd chance. Food arrived in good time but not as described on menu. Thai green curry had no coconut, tasted like Knorr packet sauce. Smoked salmon pasta had all seafood included & tomato sauce, not as per menu.
We were desperat for food but would never return & needed to write this, especially as Michelin stickers were on front door, what an insult to the Michelin Guide!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed over at this hotel recently as I was attending a party in the hotel. I found the beds in the rooms very comfortable and bathroom was excellent, nice powerful showers. Rooms were very spacious and much nicer than expected. The location is ideal for someone looking for a stopover when travelling across Ireland. It is located in a small village with plenty of places to eat within walking distance such as Granuaile and Brackens bar. Service was good adn thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

Just returned from a visit to the Hilamar Hotel in Kinnegad Co Westmeath, near Mullingar which is about 15 mins away.We stayed here with our local sports club to attend a match which we were taking part in. The club booked this hotel and we obtained a very reasonable rate. The hotel itself is a small hotel in a country village. It is a very nice hotel , modern well decorated and very clean. We had two rooms, one for myself and my hubby and one for our three children. The rooms were v pleasant, ours with king bed, v comfy and nice bathroom, flat screen tv and spotless. The room our children had was practically the same except perhaps a tiny bit bigger with a double and single bed and the hotel also kindly provided a made up roll away too and there was plenty room with the three beds. We had a light evening meal and breakfast there too. The food was v good in our opinion and home cooked , v hot etc...

The only one negative was that the service was poor. This was not the poor waitress fault at all, in fact they were v helpful, it was just understaffing on part of the management,. We felt sorry for the girls there, as they were under pressure to cater to a crowd and a few extra staff to cope with the extra crowd demand would have eased their burden a lot and been much more efficient for us and them alike. Suggestion to management in future to ease the run off their feet waitresses!!

KInnegad is a small village , not much here really if you are on a leisure break, but a nice place all the same. It is near Mullingar for shopping etc... Would recommend the Hilamar hotel definitely if you need to stay in this specific area , but not for a weekend away for leisure as there is not much to do here and no leisure facilites in the hotel except a very nice bar. The staff here were really nice both at reception, in the bar, and the girls in the restaurant.

• Liked — Crisp White Linen and new modern rooms
  • Disliked — No leisure facilities
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Galway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

I stayed in the Hilamar Hotel last week and i was appualed at the service!The rooms were ok but the service was terrible!

On Haloween night the teenagers around the town thought it would be funny to throw fireworks in the door!

Stay away from this place!
And The Windows!

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — The local teens
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Roscommon, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

When we checked in their was no receptionist around .We rang the bell and waited for a least ten min .Eventually I found someone in the bar that could check us in .The room was lovely , very nicely decorated but the big down fall in the hotel was the service .We decided to have a meal that night in The hotel .We had litterally sat down at our table & the waitress asked us for our order .We asked her for a few more minutes which I regreated coz no one came near us for 20 min(its a long when u are starving).I tryed for ages to get the attention of the any staff member that paseed our way , one girl made eye contact with me & more or less ignored us .After getting to order we had our starters which were nice & we waited for our mail course , The main course arrived half an hour later (which is fine )but nobody cleared our starters form the table .The thing is they were not even busy .I d say their were 6 other tables dinning .My boyfriend asked for pototoes & veg with his & it arrived with noodles ?My salmon was white,its looked so undercooked.The veg I got(carrots & about 4 massive onnions)were so over cooked they tasted like water .We hardly touched our meals .During our meal not 1 person came to ask if everything was ok .It was so disapointing .You dont mind paying a fair bit for good quaility food but this really was the pits .I would have got a better meal & service in supermac.Will not be returing .Rooms fab ,service a complete joke

• Liked — Room was lovely
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hilamar Hotel? Share your experiences!