“lovely evening meal” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Guitarra
La Guitarra, 26 Oliver, Plunkett Street, Mullingar, Co Westmeath, Mullingar, Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“lovely evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I do not know the area but was really pleased with this restaurant which was picked at random. The service was excellent and the food hot and well prepared with generous portions. I had chicken with pepper and white wine creamy sauce, my daughter had shin of beef with Milanese rice. Both to be recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best two course lunch for under €10.00!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here in route to Dundalk from Mayo.

Garlic bread was great. Really good personal pizzas. Crispy thin crust with great flavor. My teenage boys loved it. As we are from New York, we can say the pizza is GOOD!

I had the the tagliatelle Alfredo. Great portion size. Great flavor. Ham and sausage with sun dried tomato were plentiful.

Had an espresso after and it was great also.

All around, a great lunch for €10.00. We will return there and try dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for lunchtime.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The place to go for lunch in Mullingar, I always make sure to stop in when in town. I recommend the Tortellini Alfredo but the pizzas and calzones have their merits too. Great value for money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ireland
“Great meal as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the second great meal we've eaten here in the last month. Super value for money. Food was so tasty. Would definitely recommend the squid served with aioli to start, its in a lovely light batter. The duck or T-bone steak are great for main, as is the pizza. 3 courses for less than €20, is amazing value. Lovely relaxed atmosphere. Fab coffee. Thanks guys, we'll be back soon

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Well I liked it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm very surprised to see the mixed reviews La Guitarra has received. I've eaten here at least four times over the last couple of years, including lunch and evening meal and never been disappointed. Most recently we had a family meal here on my birthday. I had duck on a bed of spiced cabbage and it was delicious. My kids had pizza and loved it too. We had eaten at Oscars across the road a few nights earlier, and the food at La Guitarra was comparable, with the added benefit of being a lot cheaper.
Very friendly staff too.